Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1440 times)

swampbug

Hello
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:48:03 am »

Hi Guys

Im Pete, Just thought i would let you know a little about me and how modeling helps.
I am by trade an X Trawlerman, and a Truck Mechanic.
Last year in october i had an accident at work, silly accident, jack handle broke and i fell backwards on my back, the result spinal damage, partially paralyzed from the waist down, carnt walk far, 40 meters, and when i go out in a wheel chair.
I have in the past been very active, banger racing, off roading, scrambling, para gliding, abseiling, boating and skuba diving, yes busy boy, now at the grand ole age of 48 wheel chair bound all my toys have now gone.
All from such a silly accident.

So with lots of spare time on my hands found Model Boat Mayhem, Thank you, im impressed at all the messages on here and the boats, such high standards, thois is where i found what my next project will be The Happy Hunter, she looks good, and lots to do on her, im gonna try and get as much working as possible, radar, lights, crane, towing and maybe even drop anchor, see what happens.

Nice to meet you all and hope to get in touch sometime and maybe see you at one of the events.

Thanx for having me and getting me back into model boats again.

Pete.

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 10:14:39 am »

Pete, Welcome from another Pete.   Sorry to hear about your accident.   This is a superb forum, and when you need help, its always there.   Some years ago I built a Happy Hunter for some one else, but I still have some good photos if you need any.   Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:18:39 am »

Hi Pete

Welcome aboard.

I used to live in S. Glos myself, Thornbury and then Rockhampton.

You should try and hook up with some of the guys from Gloucester, if you have not already done so. You could find a friend to share modelling experiences.
Happy Hunter is a great model and it will keep you busy.
Have you built models before?
If you don't already have a model, then do something simple as well. This way you can get out on the water and learn a bit on the way.

Regards
Mark
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

swampbug

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:21:29 am »

Thanx Pete, and yes please any photo's you have would be good,
Have to wait till christmas for the boat though lol

There so expensive, pity because then i could build a fleet  %)

yes Mark i have built the smit rotterdam years ago and just finished the Andrea Gail,
was supposed to take me a long time but guess i have more time on my hands than i thought lol

ajb68

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 11:40:17 am »

Welcome to the site , theres a lot of experience on here and the members are happy to share there knowledge regards Andy :-))

swampbug

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:45:03 am »

Yes thanx for that, been reading the posts and you all seem like a good bunch  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.