Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tug Mast lights  (Read 3305 times)

BigAde

Tug Mast lights
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:47:14 pm »

Hi all!

Does anyone have a guide to what colour lights to use on the mast!? I am building the Eldergarth/Rowangarth tug and am just building the mast, I have just got the mast light holders in place but do not know what colour lights to use.

I am pulling my hair out, can anyone help?

Cheers

Adrian

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Tug Mast lights
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:50 pm »

See that little box up there on the left marked 'Search'? Well try searching the Forum on "Mast Navigation Lights" and all will be revealed.

Barry M

BigAde

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 11:20:10 pm »

Cheers Barry!

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 11:35:49 pm »

But go back to the main forum page first because the search facility only searches from the page you are at.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 03:23:07 am »

Here is a link to the US Navigation Rules.  Assuming your tug in its full size mode was built after about 1972 and was intended to sail on International waters, you should find the correct lights here.  The International rules should apply to all vessels, regardless of country.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/mwv_files/NR_Files/Rules20-31.pdf

FredY

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:22 pm »

Hi Adrian,
The Elder and Rowan had the normal 3 white towing / masthead lights which were the regulation 2 metres apart and below them on each side of the mast there  were three  NUC lights which were all round lights, top red, middle white and bottom one red.  These should also have been 2 metres apart but because of her construction dispensation was given for them to be only 1 metre apart.
They also had a white all round morse / anchor light on the truck (top) of the mast. Finally, there was a blue flashing strobe light placed underneath the radar bracket which was the burglar alarm!!!  As it was only small, you could leave it off and no one would notice.
Cheers,   Fred.

swampbug

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 11:13:46 pm »

Dont know if this is anygood to you but look on this site

They have drawings of what should be where and ne legislations for tugs too   :-))

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/acatalog/Electrical.html

BigAde

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 12:00:44 am »

Hi Adrian,
The Elder and Rowan had the normal 3 white towing / masthead lights which were the regulation 2 metres apart and below them on each side of the mast there  were three  NUC lights which were all round lights, top red, middle white and bottom one red.  These should also have been 2 metres apart but because of her construction dispensation was given for them to be only 1 metre apart.
They also had a white all round morse / anchor light on the truck (top) of the mast. Finally, there was a blue flashing strobe light placed underneath the radar bracket which was the burglar alarm!!!  As it was only small, you could leave it off and no one would notice.
Cheers,   Fred.

WOW FredY this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!! thanks to everyone who helped out!! Where did you find this info??

FredY

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 04:53:11 pm »

To Big Ade,
Hi Adrian, I was skipper of them both and I had a hand in the layout part of their design So I know them pretty well.
Cheers,  Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.