The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Any Other Builds

Racing Boat Upgrades

(1/2) > >>

Daniel:
Hi everyone,
I am complete beginner in model boating and I currently starting to increase my knowledge of mechanics and have just had a brand new "victory" speed boat bought by my dad which I am hoping to upgrade soon
Could anyone give me any tips as to what sorts of upgrades I can do to my electric RC "Victory" racing boat?

Thanks
Daniel.

Martin (Admin):
Hi Daniel,

Is the "victory" boat a twin motor boat ( and steered by varying the speed of the motors ) or is it a single motor boat with a working rudder?

Martin.

Daniel:
Hi Martin,
Yes it runs on 2 380 electric motors, which are attached to the propeller shafts by rubber tubing. When I upgrade the boat I would like to swap the rubber tubing for something a bit stronger or would that break?

Daniel.

Martin (Admin):
You need to be careful because if you just fit bigger motors, you might burn out the electrics!
Where did you purchase the boat? Do you have a web link?

Martin.

Fast Electricals:
Before you could upgrade the motors you would first need to upgrade the radio system and control electronics. For the amount you would need to spend, it would be far easier to build a new boat using an inexpensive vac formed hull, radio system and a single motor. 

Neil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version