Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damen MultiCat 'YOGI' aground on the beach!  (Read 6138 times)

ixion

Damen MultiCat 'YOGI' aground on the beach!
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:06:06 pm »

Damen MultiCat 2611 'YOGI' aground on my local beach on Sunday 13-09-09  while the crew repair a gash in the stern after hitting a anchor. She is one of many vessels currently working on the Rhyl Flats windfarm.

ixion

Re: Damen MultiCat 'YOGI' aground on the beach!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:09:25 pm »

A few more pics with some detail pictures that may be useful to someone!

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 09:58:32 pm »

Hi Ixion

Nice set of pics for a boat that could be built full of character.
How a weathered hull should look!!
Could well be tempted in the future.

For anyone interested there is a spec list and drawing on this link http://www.hermansr.nl/documents/Yogi%20brochure.pdf

some pics here http://hermansrfoto.yournetalbum.com/default.asp?folder_id=18787&page=thumbnails

History and pics http://www.maritimejournal.com/archive101/2008/july/vessel_launch/yogi,_a_first_for_herman_sr_bv

Regards
longshanks

john44

waterfall winch
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:05 pm »

Hi Guys, has anyone got any good photos of the "  waterfall winch " as used on the multicat Yogi etc.
been on there site but the pictures are none to clear.

john

nemesis

• Full Mayhemer
Re: waterfall winch
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:44:22 pm »

Hello, Have you tried the makers for a set of drawings or the builders of the vessel for the same, Nemesis

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:47:55 pm »

Hi John, this photo is best I can find of actual boat's winch. They're on bottom of this article I found, some other pics and info there too, Dave.  :-))

http://www.maritimejournal.com/features101/vessel-build-and-maintenance/ship-and-boatbuilding/vessel-launch/yogi,_a_first_for_herman_sr_bv

john44

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 05:54:24 pm »

cheers Dave I had found that photo, it looks like a 3 drum winch./  Nemesis the makers of the winch are Ridderinkhof,
 I will mail them to see if a drawing is available.

Thanks guys

john

ixion

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 06:11:53 pm »

I don't have a picture of the winch but have about a dozen pictures of her beached on my local beach so the crew could carry out repairs to a hole in the stern.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

john44

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 06:35:22 pm »

Yes Martin, I do have them, that is the plan I am going to use to build the vessel.

Thanks anyway, I have mailed ridderinkhorf who make the winch to see if they can help.
I will keep you posted.

john 

john44

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:13 pm »

Hi ixion,
The pictures of the multicat are brilliant thanks.

john

erwinvdodewaard

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 05:31:43 pm »

Hey John,

By accident I found this topic on the forum while searching for something completely different, but never the less let me introduce myself my name is Erwin van Dodewaard and I am the main skipper on the Yogi since new build of the vessel (and aboard the vessel when we beached it) also the company is owned by my father Jack van Dodewaard. If you need any more pictures or details to finish your model from the vessel feel free to contact me on erwin@hermansr.com and I will supply you with the photo's/ details required if available off course it's nice you are making a model of her since she is the only vessel we own which we do not have a model from :)

Erwin

garston1

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:13 pm »

This is the Euro carrier my son is working on as chief engineer.  The SANDY M,was launched at Neptune Marine in Aalst in early Feb. The vessel has 170t crane, twin 70 ton winches and bollard pull should be around 24t. The SANDY M is the first of 3 new builds by Neptune for GSS BV in 2012. She's currently working working (and breaking down) in the North Sea on the Wind farms
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.