Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smit Roterdam engine question  (Read 1879 times)

Rocketman

Smit Roterdam engine question
« on: September 16, 2009, 11:02:11 am »

Hiya

Ok second post and this is for my brother who has the billings boat Smit Roterdam kit. Mentioned last night he was going to buy the r/c pack nect from Cornwall boats but at £75 + for two motors and a couple of couplings it sounds a tad pricey. Ive looked at the other links on here but the exact engines used by others dont seem clear. From what i can see direct linkage is the way to go with a couple of mounted Graupner non gear box 500 motors? Does that sound about right. If anyone disagrees could they supply me some links perhaps to other products( in teh UK) they think might suit better.

cheers

K

Voyager

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Smit Roterdam engine question
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 11:14:06 am »

Hya! I too have a similar question as i'm currently giving my Smit Denemarken a re-fit as well.

I'm either going with fitting two Mobile Marine engines on a double coupling, or possibly two Buhler motors if i can find them!? Does that help in any way?

Roger in France

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:49 am »

Have a look in the Mayhem "Traders Directory" where you will find several firms which supply motors and who will give you great advice for the price of a phone call.

Roger in France

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:47 pm »

Have another careful look at the Cornwall Models kit - it also includes a 6v SLA battery, a mains charger and connectors/leads.
http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/billing_boats_RC_package_deals.html#aB478RC
Unfortunately it doesn't specify what type of motors are included. If your brother wishes to use direct-drive then he might consider a pair of slower-revving, high torque motors eg MMB755, along with a 12v main battery.
FLJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.