Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vladyka Falke fishing boat  (Read 2712 times)

Dan.Lord

• Full Mayhemer
Vladyka Falke fishing boat
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:38:29 pm »

Hi all, has anybody attempted to make one of these kits ? I got this on ebay a while ago, & thought I'd give it a go. Here's a few pictures of the contents. Loads of vac formed parts, which are about 1.5mm thick, so should be fun cutting them out !! Also the wooden parts are only printed out, so will require a fret saw or similar, again should be fun.
The instructions are basic to say the least, as are the plans. There doesn't seem to be any decking, just a drawing, so maybe it's the planks provided, & you have to make a base yourself to fit them to.
I think some of the vac forms like the anchors etc, will have to be replaced with more detailed stuff, as these look crap to be kind !! You do get a shaft & prop, but I think I'll replace them also, as the quality is not great.
I can't see any sign of the scale, so I'll have to work on that
Good job it was very cheap..... might be a candidate for blowing up  :}

ajb68

Re: Vladyka Falke fishing boat
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:47:31 pm »

I built one of these some years ago and if memory serves i put a ply deck in , i binned most of the vac forms and used bits and bobs i had around , looked ok when done sailed well a bit corky maybe  ;) :-))

swampbug

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »

Will be a nice looking trawler when finished, if you do blow it up do a video lol  :-))

david j

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:51:37 pm »

hi. i, have built this with plank deck and it looks great, sails brilliantly this was the only kit i have ever built,as i now only build from scratch, the distructions sorry instructions are a bit vauge to say the least
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.