Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Britannia  (Read 2593 times)

pond boat

Britannia
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:06:48 pm »

I found where to get planes,

http://www.model-dockyard.com/acatalog/Working_Sail_.html   =   BRITANNIA  

Price: £28.00  =  $45.82

Code: (MAR2530)

built in 1893 and scrapped in 1937 drawn at 1:32nd scale1160mm length and226mm beam. Fully detailed on no less than four sheets.Designed by Sandy Cousins.

-----------------------------
I was wondering if there are any other places to get this design or something like it , very elegant.  I'm building for my son in hopes that he may help and learn to make things with his hands, 8yrs old.
   I was also thinking of scaling up a second boat four five times its size in order to make room to lay in and sail.    I figure there would be problems with the ballast," My big butt", not being under the boat and rolling over. Has anyone attempted t due this, due you have pictures ?

Just hoping some one out there would have built this one or knows of a place that has planes for this boat or perhaps something as elegant. I wasn't able to load a picture of the boat ! but the site above has it .
           I thought Id pin this one up just for the heck of it.A ship I grew up near, its called the palo alto, made of re bar and cement. Before sinking it was moved to sea Cliff beach in California U.S.A. and turned into a pub in the 40's. These days you can fish on it. I miss siting on the bench to watch the sun go down land locked near Florida now.
               I was sent this site because I was told you guys across the big pond would probably have more info.

for anyone interested there is free hull design ware, its called  ( delft ship free) yes its free if you haven't herd of it let me know if you cant find it I can email you.

Thank you in advance,

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Britannia
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 04:02:07 am »

You can also get them here https://shop.traplet.com/plans/ and plans of other similar boats can be found under Scale Sail plans.

You need to scroll down the page to marine plans.
Some of the plans are sail, some are not. Some are even listed as 'easy build', these might suit a younger person if helped.

Traplet also have a US service, as well as doing world wide.

If you want to build a small boat then look at the Duckworks website.
This is a link to the projects page. http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/r/projectindex.htm
The one I like is the Bolger light schooner. I have even seen this scaled down to 17ft. But from what I read you will get a dunking with a light schooner.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

pond boat

Re: Britannia
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 10:41:11 pm »

Thank you Ill look over all .  Hopefully Ill be able to contribute something to the site in the coming months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.