Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hitec receiver  (Read 3287 times)

AlanP

Hitec receiver
« on: September 28, 2009, 06:47:11 pm »

Right, ill try to explain the problem.
4 ch Hitec HFS-05MS receiver, receiver battery connected and 4 servos connected, all works well, connect a Viper Marine speed controller to channels 1,2, and 4 and all is well, but connect the speed controller to channel 3 and all is not well, the red light only on the speed controller is showing indicating according to the instructions that it is not receiving a signal.

Am I missing something, any thoughts would be apreciated

Alan 

Peterm

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Hitec receiver
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 07:08:22 pm »

May be a silly question, but did you set up the ESC after connecting to Channel 3?  Pete M
I`m not just old, I`m ancient

AlanP

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 08:29:06 pm »

Yes Pete, set it up on ch 3 just as I did for channels 1,2 and 4. What I dont understand is, the servo needs a signal on channel 3 and works, yet the esc is telling me there is no signal on channel 3  %%

Alan

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:16:48 pm »

Alan,
Have you disabled or ensured that the BEC is turned off as you are using a separate receiver battery?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

craftysod

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 09:29:16 pm »

I had this problem,remove red wire from esc wire to receiver,as Bob said a conflict has occured

AlanP

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »

Er,mmmmm  :embarrassed: mmmm, can't recall all that I did now  :embarrassed: if that is the answer I will be really  :embarrassed:

Better put a hold on this thread until I have had another look at it.

Thanks for the replies

Will update tomorrow

Alan

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:14:40 pm »

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Disabling%20BEC%20ESCs.pdf

On Viper ESCs, Orange is the signal lead (usually white or yellow) and Brown is the negative (usually black).  Leave the little switch in the ON position or the ESC won't work.

FLJ

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 08:54:50 am »

As the problem seems limited to channel 3, when you swap a servo between channel 3 and another, does the servo take up a new "neutral" position?  Channel 3 MIGHT be transmitting a signal out of range for the ESC to settle on.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

AlanP

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 09:55:03 pm »

Well I have spent quite a bit of time on this today, Got it all out on the bench, new sets of batteries, disconnected red lead from speed controller, everything just the same, ESC worked on ch 1,2 and 4 but not 3. Took servo from ch1 and plugged into ch3 but it did not take up a new neutral position. Tested tx on another boat and it worked fine, so transmitter Ok. After a couple of hours messing with it things seemed to get worse, servos chattering on and off, nothing working then it would come back to what it was.
I think it is too much of a risk to put it back in a boat, so unless anyone comes up with an answer it will be consigned to the back of a drawer
Would have been better if it had gone up in a puff of smoke, I could have chucked it straight in the bin then  :}

Alan   

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 11:42:02 pm »

Why not try a speed controller without BEC.........  ok2
FLJ

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 04:04:25 pm »

cut
 Took servo from ch1 and plugged into ch3 but it did not take up a new neutral position.
cut
I think it is too much of a risk to put it back in a boat, so unless anyone comes up with an answer it will be consigned to the back of a drawer
Would have been better if it had gone up in a puff of smoke, I could have chucked it straight in the bin then  :}

Alan   

Hi Alan

Have a look at the R/X circuit board, particularly behind the pins of plug 3.

The fault has been analysed  (by yourself)  to this location. if nothing is apparent, then the R/X is at fault.

Hope this helps

Ken
Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

AlanP

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 11:19:29 pm »

Well Ken, I dragged it from the back of the drawer and put it under a large magnifier, scrutinized it, cleaned it and it was still the same. Was talking to FLJ the other day and he could throw no light on it.

But I will have it in my pocket on Sunday at Blackpool, so if anyone wants to have a go at it, just look for a small chap with a beard and smoke coming out of his wallet  {-)

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.