Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What dive unit/WTC/Ballst system your view(s)  (Read 1753 times)

polycell

What dive unit/WTC/Ballst system your view(s)
« on: September 25, 2009, 12:28:50 pm »

I have had serious thoughts about making my own ballast system/dive unit I have read everything I have found on the various systems.  I have listened to the odd producers of systems who say don't make your own cos it won't work, buy mine its the best thing since the flushing toilet.  
My problem is 'dosh' being a resident of a foreign land living on a pension thats dependant on how the Euro fairs against the Pound ie its up and down like a whores draws we have to be careful on our spend.
So tell us, please, what advice can/would you impart on the various 'units' and build or buy.  I believe I have a pretty good skill base to build I just need to source 'the bits' so thats perhaps the other thing what bits?
I would like a system that is as near to the 'proper thing' as possible ie ballast tank(s) that flood on request to dive and are blown to surface.  Yes I know,  just and idiosyncratic thing I have being an ex submariner!! (Anorak I hear you say!).  BUT I'll listen to you well established submarine modellers and bow, to your experienced, knowledge.
So please help me resolve my dilemma.
Perhaps I should add here that I am fitting out a Sheerline type VII.
Fred

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: What dive unit/WTC/Ballst system your view(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 12:39:38 pm »

Fred

There is an interesting build in Octobers Marine modeller where the author reckons he built a dive system for under $50 for a plastic kit sub. With some thought I reckon his method may be able to be adapted.

If you cant get hold of the mag, let me know and I will copy the article for you.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

polycell

Re: What dive unit/WTC/Ballst system your view(s)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 03:55:08 pm »

Ian thanks for the 'heads up'  I unfortunately am not able to get Marine Modeller so your offer of a copy of the article would be very well received.  Thanks.
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.