Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner neptun conversion  (Read 3577 times)

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
Graupner neptun conversion
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:59:36 pm »

In a post about a month ago I was asking about fittings for the Neptun. Well, I'm pleased to say that I managed to pick up a set on eBay quite cheaply. I was, at that time going to refurbish a built example and convert it to something a bit different. Having found out from Hama that you can buy just the hull as a Graupner spare, that is what I've done. Thanks for the tip Hama !! Good old Cornwall Model Boats got one for me in no time at all and despite postal strikes it was here in only 3 days - great service! and it was only £18.76 + p&p!
I really like the lines of the hull and think it lends itself to building as a reefer, or perhaps a smallish passenger/ cargo vessel like some of the DFDS ships of the 1960s - lots to research here.
I wonder if someone could help me by lending a copy of the kit building instructions so that I can see how Graupner arrange the deck supports/ frames. I'll pay postage costs and return them quickly.
Best Wishes
Douglas

More Coffee

Re: Graupner neptun conversion
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:22:52 pm »

There are no deck or frame supports..
the deck simply glues into the little gallery that runs around the hull and stops just below the bow.. 1/8 ply wood ..thats the deck ..

Off course you can install your own supports and frames ..considering your going custom ..it may be a good idea

Now the Sydney Star has deck supports and hull frames ..Its also a larger boat ...

You can check out my build here .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1026032

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:06:52 pm »

Nice collection of cranes too!  :-)

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

More Coffee

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 08:57:41 pm »

LOL ..3200 metric ton lifting capacity   :-)) all in my basement  :}

westcoaster

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:48:33 pm »

Thanks for the information, M. C. -it's a very interesting build log and proves the point that the Neptun hull is very adaptable.
Best Wishes
Douglas

More Coffee

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:24:10 am »

Ohh she is.. I like her very much ..and the stock prop moves her along quite well coupled to a little 280 motor ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 23 queries.