Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner Keywest restore  (Read 5547 times)

Temps

Graupner Keywest restore
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:13:09 pm »

This little number was gonna be an ebay bargain but it looks like its gonna be a bit of work before im there i used to own one a few years ago . it looks like someone was going to try and fit another type of motor and running set up but has given up after cutting it out and attaching a few bits of wood so im gonna try and get her back to her original set up  {:-{ i have a couple of pics of when i got it and a couple with the first bits of wood removed luckily i have a few bits of plasticard to re fabricate .

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Graupner Keywest restore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:07:05 pm »

Mine used to go 'like stink' on a Speed700bb, 14.4v plastic 40p prop and a mechanical speed controller!  :-))

Hope you are thinking brushless Temps!  O0

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Temps

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:58:06 pm »

mmmm brushless and lipos   O0
cant seem to upload any pics not sure wats wrong it sais done and just shows a blank screen ?

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »

Photos 640 x 480 under 160Kb
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Temps

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 10:50:36 pm »

this is wat i got from ebay  and some close ups

and after cutting the wood away from the stern it has left the plastic a bit of the worse for wear but with a bit of fabrication should bring it back to scratch

Temps

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 10:54:35 pm »

im gonna have to patch the hole for they have cut in the bottom and fill it with resin befor i put a new hole there for the flexidrive

Temps

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:24:13 pm »

managed to get a bit more done today ive been cleaning off the araldite that has been used  <:( luckily they tried to stick it straight together without using any scratch to give it a key so its nearly all just peeled off . once i get this all off ill contact the two halves back together then run beads of resin on the mating surfaces inside sealing it and making it hold together stronger

Temps

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 10:02:10 pm »

Bit more work done to the main hull ive know fabricated the transcom and rear hull parts back together from scrap plasticard there all now filled and filler prime to take the deep scratches out of the plastic not much else i can do to the hull until i get the running gear located so know im making a start on the top / drivers section not much to do here dut clean it up and prep it ready for painting  oh and i have to fabricate a new wing section for the rear as it was missing/broken off 

sorry guys but your heads are gonna have to come off :} next time dont make such a mess <*<

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 09:28:42 pm »

Ooooh!  My kind of boat.  I too have indulged in e.bay bargain madness and bought an Academy Supreme F1 It's an electric tunnel hull complete with outboard. I'll get round to it eventually.  Good luck with this project it looks really good so far.

Plastic Fantastic!

Mogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.