Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help wanted tuning carb on Zenoah clone  (Read 15183 times)

brodjack

Re: Help wanted tuning carb on Zenoah clone
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 09:01:58 am »

Nice to be back on topic again.
Looking good,these hulls run easy and well,yours maybe a bit wet,you can raise the trim tabs a bit to get to it to run drier,worth a try now its running.
Its a very fine line between wet and dry with these low transom hulls,in rougher water it might need the tabs lowering,if you know what i mean.otherwise good run.
The motor will produce a bit more power when you've done a few tanks.
What prop are you running?
A 7015/3 made a big speed differance with my son,Jacks,boat,same as yours.perhaps 5-6mph.
Looks a good place to run.
sorry couldnt find any old pics of the inside of his.
Brod..

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:35 am »

Congrats on the maiden Doc she just needs tweaking ,id start with the carb then pipe length push it in1/8"at a time till the revs pick up and run it to test and keep going 1/8 at a time the revs should really pick up and just keep going like this till the revs drop again then back it out 1/8" that should be your perfect tuned length.
Mart

Patternmaker

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 09:43:02 pm »

Hi Doc, you my be interested in a boat I built its listed in Sports boats under
28CC WEEDWACKER MODIFIED TO WATERCOOLED MARINE ENGINE
It's the same hull as yours, the chap who bought it from me says he is getting 50mph plus it running a 70mm 110mm 3 bladed prop.

Mick.

The Doc

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 07:34:30 am »

The Doc

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 10:47:54 am »

How the hell do you modify a post i have done it b4 but the option is not there now. >>:-(

Hi Mart

Thanks for your comments i will be at the lake on Sunday a day of tweaking.

And thanks for your comments Mick i am running a X470mm prop at the moment i also have a new 478 i am going to try on Sunday 

Thanks all
Alan

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 08:56:53 am »

Hi Allan still needs tweaking but you know that  ;),keep playing .Id think the 78 mm prop will be too big for it.Best bet is make sure your using a sharpened and ballanced prop then you know you have a good prop etc.The 470 is a decent prop so as long as its sharp and ballanced its a good start,then tweak carb and play with pipe length and also strut depth etc,try to keep the prop parallel to the hull  or as near as you can.If all else fails try changing the coil for a zenoah one as some of the clone ones do restrict revs.Heres a few scans taken from a good book by John Finch they might help on trimming the hull in etc.
Mart

The Doc

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 02:25:19 pm »

Wow thanks Mart

Have printed out the information will spend most of tomorrow tweaking and having lots of fun doing it. (must remember the heat proof gloves for the exhaust)

Got to be honest the handling is what i consider spot on it don't wander it corners like nothing i have seen before must be something to do with the twin rudder it corners spot on at full power comes out of the turn straight as a die.

I take on board what you say about the prop i have fitted the 478 prop it will give it a go for comparison will take the 470 with me to swap back.

Mart where abouts are you in Blackpool my best m8 lives there he used to have the Cresta Hotel in Withnell road near south pier he has now moved to cleaveleys John Snelson is his name i know Blackpool is a big place I Love it if i ever move back to the UK that's where i will move to.

Thanks again for your comments will update this thread tomorrow night

Alan

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 03:24:15 pm »

Have fun mate thats what its all about  ok2,ive been in Blackpool for 14 yrs now i live away from the main town not far from Bisbham and a five minute drive from Cleveleys.If you ever decide to move back let me know id gladly swap with you  O0.
Mart

omra85

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 03:39:51 pm »

Thanks for this information Mart.
I knew what happened when you did various adjustments - now I know why.
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 09:27:44 pm »

Thanks for this information Mart.
I knew what happened when you did various adjustments - now I know why.
Danny

No problem Danny it made things a little easier for me to understand why certain adjustments did what too.Mind you some say cats are different so then things can get confusing lol.The book is called advanced rc boat modeling,its a good read and some good tips in there for anyone.
Mart
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Advanced-R-C-Boat-Modeling/dp/0911295216

The Doc

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 12:16:48 pm »

Hi all

Well it went very well again i did tune the exhaust and the 478 prop did make quite a difference so will be leaving that on.

I should have another video shortly i will post it as soon as i get it.

My friend that went with me he fell in the water the engine stalled on the boat about 4 ft from the bank he said he would get it but the banks was very slippery he was leaning out with a twig and in he went right in mobile phone and all good job the sun was shining and warm he striped of and dried his clothes   {-) shouldn't larf but it was very funny phone did start to work again when dried out O0

Thanks again for all your tips and advice between as all got it going nicely :-))

Alan

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 12:59:34 pm »

Wish you had got that on video  :D,glad its working out for yaa though.
Mart

ids987

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 04:58:55 pm »

Some more from John Finch in the attachment. This is a compilation of three articles entitled Mono Mania - which some may have heard of. I think they have been posted on here before.

The Doc

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 05:40:14 pm »

Thanks for that Ian nice bit of reading matter for tonight cheers

Regards
Alan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.