Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushless motor  (Read 2648 times)

ntg06

Brushless motor
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:30:39 am »

Hi,
Anyone got any experience with these FSD brushless motors:

http://www.fsd-motor.com/Editor/uploadfile/20090119204211728.xls

Just wondering if they are reliable?

Thanks

AlanP

Re: Brushless motor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »

My, that took a while to download, plenty of info and they look good, no prices though. I have only bought two brushless and they have both been from Giant Cod.  Its been a bit suck it and see, I now have an air boat that's just about right (until I smashed it up  <:( ) and a 2ft MTB that just about jumps out of the water  :}

Don't suppose that was much help to you, but there you go

Alan

ntg06

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:49:21 pm »

Hi Alan,
It is nice to have a reply  :-)
The FSD ones are around £20-25 with the built in watercooling.
I have looked at the Giant Cod ones as well. Which ones have you used? There are so many to choose from!

AlanP

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:59 pm »

The one on the Airboat came from BRC Hobbies and is an A2814-5T 1660Kv 350W and turns a 7X4 prop, guessed about right with this one as the boat goes like s--t off a shovel, well it did till I hit a buoy  <:(  ( new boat nearly finished )
The one in the MTB well I didn't guess very well with this one, the boat is very light being made of balsa and the XYH35-30 1400Kv 340w from Giant Cod makes the boat leave the water. Going to try it with less volts tomorrow and see how that is, if still to fast I will get a smaller prop at Blackpool, if all fails to slow it down to something I can handle I will have the plans enlarged by 50 per cent and build a bigger boat  :-))

Brushless motors are a big learning curve for me  O0

The ones in your post seem Ok at that price, water cooled as well, just turn my boats upside down for cooling  :}

Alan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 19 queries.