Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graupner True Blue winch servo choice  (Read 4811 times)

mjed

Graupner True Blue winch servo choice
« on: August 19, 2009, 03:28:43 pm »

Has anyone fitted this boat out with the pair of linked servos and if so what did you fit and did they work OK? I would rather fit the Graupner regatta ECO drum winch. The manual recommends digital Graupner servos but these are £75 EACH and a pair are required. They obviously need to have good torque. Ive started a build blog to record how I get on as I can't find much info on this boat apart frrom a Youtube video. http://www.mjed.co.uk/true%20blue.html
I'm also concerned about the 4 piece mast being robust? I bought this for my elderly father in-law so need it to sail well and be reliable. Any advice would be welcome. Mike

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Graupner True Blue winch servo choice
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:29:48 pm »

Hi

I used a pair of MG995 servos off ebay, cost about £12 including shipping. I did read of some of these servos failing fairly quickly but did not have any trouble with them.
My True Blue only had a 2 piece metal mast which I replaced with a one piece carbon tube, again no problems. I assume by 4 piece you mean the booms as well?

The boat in the youtube video is my old one now sold to a member on this board.

HTH
Richard

Islander1951

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 05:08:35 pm »

We have some of  these on our pond, I think that they are using  Futaba 3010,  6.5Kg/cm,  £22.50 from Westbourne-models

mjed

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:38:18 am »

I bought a pair of Futaba standrd 6.5kg servos at £24.95 each. This was a good decision as the whole set up of the trays is simple and it would only complicate it to add a reeled servo. Love the kit. Its real great quality and the hull is sweet. The mast rigging requires a degree in engineering to work out but I got there in the end. Can't wait to get it on the water.

des321

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:02:36 pm »

I bought the True Blue from Tester. I have sailed it in all conditions regularly this Summer. It has given me great pleasure and absolutely no problems whatever. I would say she sails best in light to moderate winds which is exactly what the manufacturer claims. This is not a racing yacht. But for an introduction to model sailing she has been everything I could have asked for. I am now building a sailing yacht and will probably sell the True Blue when the build is complete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.