Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest Moon Shot  (Read 4848 times)

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Latest Moon Shot
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 01:11:57 pm »

Sorry Gang..
But I was sure Polaris said 2 explosive missils were sent to the moon in the opening of this thread
But I am getting old and get sometimes get things wrong... Maybe I should stick to things I know like Ship Handling and Square Riggers
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 04:01:15 pm »

Dear Jimmy,

In error I did indeed say 'explosive', but this was in fact not the case. The idea was to hit the moon, and one did so with considerable 'explosive force' as intended - 5k miles an hour +/-. All the data is easily locatable on the Net if you wish full info.. One hit, the other vehicle was designed to fly through the cloud from the first hit, before it eventually landed - with considerable force! Apologies my info. was not clear.

Regards, Bernard

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 08:34:36 pm »

Thanks Bernard
Thats a relief maybe I won't be making that trip to the funny farm after all  :-)) :-))
Jimmy
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 03:31:28 pm »

Dear Bluebird,

What you say is prophetic and correct.

If mankind permits itself to remain apathetic, then apathetic it will remain >:-o Thankfully there are adventurous people out there who see the bigger picture :-)) So many things would not exist due to the adventurous spirit of mankind that most of us wouldn't be here because of it! Why do I say this, well, look at the history of medicine for example... someone even said that the internal combustion engine would never replace the horse! O0 %% Others said that it was not possible to get anything into anything into outer space let alone Orbit!!! O0 %% Mind you, I would love to get some into Orbit let alone outer space!!! :-)) {-)

Regards, Bernard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.