Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nostalgia trip 2 - Life on Mars  (Read 1249 times)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Nostalgia trip 2 - Life on Mars
« on: October 11, 2009, 05:59:59 pm »

Although a couple of years old now.
I have just re-watched Life on Mars.

Magic.
The attitudes of a more macho management culture (whatever you think of this style of management) have been captured perfectly. I don't know if this was a product of the 70's or the 70's were the end of an era. But the Gene genies style reminds me of many of my early managers. Where management Kudos was in part measured by the 'quality' of rolleking delivered.

Other trips were with the motors. My old boss used to drive the same Cortina as the Gene genie.
Even the Bedford CF was a trip, as this was a super cool US style van in its day.

The Bedford RL 4 ton truck in its Roland Young (RY) livery was a real treat. As a kid in the 60's the Bedford RL was a truck with real charachter. And as a squadie in the 80's it was a real buzz for me to drive a (then old) Bedford RL during Northern Ireland Training.

So what is/was your old nostalgia buzz????
[/size]
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: Nostalgia trip 2 - Life on Mars
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:45:40 pm »

they are filming the newhes to ashes where I work, nearly run Phillip Glennister over last week in a forktruck! they also film spooks here and hustle when that was on!!!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Nostalgia trip 2 - Life on Mars
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »

Just saw a bit of the old Andy Williams show on tv the other night, it whisked me right back to the 60s.
 As a young tv engineer apprentice, I worked in a very large workshop for a company called British Relay, there were loads of us working in there and we  used to make sure we each had a tv up and running and on soak test so we could all watch it at the same time whilst working. It was funny to hear everyone around this large workshop all roar with laughter at the same time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.