Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transmitter mode  (Read 2511 times)

AlanP

Transmitter mode
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:57:25 pm »

Just been looking at transmitters on Giant Cod and BRC Hobbies, they are in Mode 1 or Mode 2, could one of you gents please  explain to me what Mode 1 & 2 are.

Make it simple please  :}

Alan

wideawake

Re: Transmitter mode
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:14:04 pm »

Hi Alan

There's a good description here, albeit written in aircraft terms.  That doesn't matter given that the channels are labelled for aircraft anyway.

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-transmitter-modes.html

HTH

Guy

AlanP

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 10:22:24 pm »

Ah, right, so it really dosen't matter, just depends on where you plug servos and ESC into the reciever, or have I missed something  %%

Alan 

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:37:26 pm »

there is one thing that i have found with the mode's , either 1 or 2 that on my tx (hitec eclipse 7) i have a throttle lock which helps so i can push the button and the motors cant be knocked on .
Also there are trim functions that depend on whether you have the throttle on the left or right.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:48:22 pm »

Alan
There was a very recent thread about this. I remember it because I got caught out! Have a Search around and you'll find it. If you can't then ring me and I'll give you the info (must remember - Mode 2 = Throttle Left.............or was it Right?)
FLJ

poll

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:20:13 pm »

Hi Alan,  Is this a two or three channel radio?  I do believe there is a switch on the tx  that turns the sticks to opposite hand you want mode 2.

John

tony23

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:28 pm »

a mode 1 is throttle on the right and a mode 2 is throttle on the left I would think it's safe to say Mode 2 is the most popular, you cannot just put servos into different channels that will not work. If you buy a transmitter for a bit extra money you can program these function in the transmitter menu.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 06:56:34 am »

Ah, right, so it really dosen't matter, just depends on where you plug servos and ESC into the reciever, or have I missed something  %%

Alan 

Generally only one vertical stick will have auto centering. Depending on the mode this will be either left or right - can't remember which is which :(( - If you have a preference for throttle on left or right, this will be important. Otherwise no - just plug the various servos and ESC into the appropriate channels.

Barrie

AlanP

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 08:44:49 pm »

Just had another look at the transmitter on Giant Cod and it would appear that it is a simple job to move it from mode 2 to mode 1.

I think I now understand mode 1&2  %%

Thanks for the replies.

Alan

tony23

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 09:21:25 pm »

Spectrums can also be changed to different modes with a little tinkering  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.