Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First springer  (Read 2821 times)

mark w

First springer
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:22 pm »

Hey guys,

Here's a few pic's of my first attempt at a springer. You may have caught a glimpse of it next to may big tug in the working boats section. The  deck and hull sides are polycarbonate ("LEXAN"), and the hull bottom is styrene (it's a plastic "FOR SALE" sign). Power is 6v with a old Hi-tec speed control. The pilot house is from a Harbor Models "PONO" tugboat semi-kit. All of the fittings are from the spare parts box. The rudder is a bit oversized, but I don't plan to play football. I put in Robbe diesel sound and horn units. She runs great! I am in the process of building a railroad barge to push around. All in all the was a quick and fun build.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: First springer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:44:56 pm »

Looks very good to me :-)) :-)) I take it that she has some sound FX?? Way to go. My Gas Springer has an Action whoop whoop whoop sounder in it which can be heard over the engine noise. It's all good clean fun???/ {-) {-) {-) {-)
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

mark w

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 02:07:19 am »

Bill.

I installed an older Robbe multi diesel sound board and a Robbe diesel horn. They're not overpowering, but are louder than scale.

Mark

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 06:49:49 am »

Great job Mark.!   :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.