Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nord Adiemus - HFM ORSV  (Read 5555 times)

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
Nord Adiemus - HFM ORSV
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:52:00 pm »

Blackpool model boat show 2009, on a wander around, I came across a bag of plastic bits, on the front ORSV going for the sum of Ģ30, not a bad price, so I purchased the model off SHG who were sitting across from Mobile Marine Models.  my aim was to initially produce a model similar to nord icelandia, however the plan was changed. 

sitting down at the show, I proceeded to do most of the cutting of the deck and hull, this went well, and after a few hours cutting I had something that loosely resembled a boat.

The bridge windows and the aft bridge were done similar to that of Nord Icelandia, though this time 2x1 inch pine was not used, though the bridge itself was done in 3 parts, inner substructure, glazing, outer frame
Go Nuclear!  you'll love it

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Nord Adiemus - HFM ORSV
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 11:13:46 pm »

by monday night, this is the result, she is ready for maiden.  over time the paintwork will get attention as details get added, such as winches etc, though they will be done during the summer most likely.

only access to the hull is via the rear deck hatch and the rudder access hatch, both of which screw down, the superstructure is non removable, it doesn't need to be removable, as there is nothing under the front except packing foam

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:20:34 pm »

maiden voyage.

This is done with a mobile marine models 260-00 385 with 40mm m4 prop 4 blade.  the issue here with the model, she's over propped with a worn out motor, so she got swapped out and replaced temporarily with a speed400, though that will get changed again when the 385 from mustang mark arrives, and the prop will be changed for a 30mm 4 blade m4. 

hama

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:07:17 pm »

Hi Ghost!
What an excellent choice! Well done! Is this kit still availlable? Wouldnt mind building a second one in a different apperance if I could buy only the plastic parts. If you just manage to seal the big hatch itīs almost unsinkable( then again nothing is ). Looking forward to next update on this one.
Happy sailing!
Hama.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »

hama, i think speedline will be re releasing it in the near future.  as regards driveline, i have just put a tempory 380 in her, and a permanent 4 blade 30mm prop M4.  the 380 is still getting warm, so see how the 385 runs when its installed

I have found the hatch sealing an issue on Nord Icelandia.  idea for you, clear selotape

what size anchors did you use on the strider??

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:47:34 pm »

...also hama, can you take some detailed pics for me please of the strider so i know what sort of things to fit on her please

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 10:36:33 pm »

internals

over_powered84

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 01:08:52 pm »

Wow Ghost That Looks Really Good From The Minute I Asked You About It Last Sunday At The Blackpool Show It's Fairly Come On
(By The Way I'm The Guy Who Dropped The Shark And A Great Thanks I Owe You For Helping Me Pick It Up :-)))

The long Build

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 01:18:19 pm »

hey Ghosty , how come the lead says St Marys  {-) {-),
looking good, you have shifted into gear on this one..take it you ran out of room to put things on your last one. :-))

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:20 pm »

Wow Ghost That Looks Really Good From The Minute I Asked You About It Last Sunday At The Blackpool Show It's Fairly Come On
(By The Way I'm The Guy Who Dropped The Shark And A Great Thanks I Owe You For Helping Me Pick It Up :-)))

thanks :) and yes its coming on nicely, hooe the shark is watertight still.

hey Ghosty , how come the lead says St Marys  {-) {-),
looking good, you have shifted into gear on this one..take it you ran out of room to put things on your last one. :-))
our father who art in heaven, forgiveth me of thy sin of borrowing thy roof! and yes i was seriously running out of space on Nord Icelandia, so now i start something different.

this is the latest addition to her, a winch bay.  at the moment the filler is awaiting sanding as it had only just been applied

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 05:16:42 pm »

new cargo and cargo rails.

deck is still to be fully painted but that will come in time

hama

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 05:24:52 pm »

Hello Ghost.
Sorry if I haven't replied, I'm at work you see. As for the anchors I don't know the size of them but they are white metal ones. The safety bars on the rear deck where made from plastic tubing. I can get you pictures and details of my boat when I get home next weekend. Your boat looks great, keep up the good work! Now I can smell the dinner from the galley, have to go. Have a nice weekend!
Hama.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:37 pm »

thanks Hama, i got the rails done, though now have to respray the bow after paint didn't take properly

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2009, 04:55:04 pm »

respray done and dusted

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 05:16:50 pm »

also i have found 2 more sea containers, the 40ft ones, this means i can go 4 abreast

hama

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »

Hi there ghost!
You asked for detail pics, and I found some. Hope they can be of some inspiration to you. If you want some specific, let me know.
Good luck on your build.
Hama.

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2009, 02:21:59 pm »

thanks Hama, I have an enclosed winch house on Nord Adiemus, though the aft quarter pics with the rub strips ate useful. I also have a slightly different bar set up.  and yes I am going to go for a planked deck, though i will need MORE screws in the deck as well.

oh she rides waves well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca0IDC4kTWs&feature=player_embedded

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2009, 02:25:50 pm »

about half way down the aft deck, what are those two bars that go from the saftey rail to the sides of the hull?

Ghost in the shell

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 04:25:22 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.