Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: KLİMEK TUG Build  (Read 23760 times)

shıp110

KLİMEK TUG Build
« on: October 25, 2009, 05:00:48 pm »

I started to be built beginning this year models pictures of tugboats Klimek would like to share with you
I have plans downloaded from this link
www.freeshipplans.com/free_model_tugboat_plans.html

shıp110

Re: KLİMEK TUG Build
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:10:12 pm »

shıp110

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:12:43 pm »

tugnut

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 05:26:24 pm »

That looks a neet build i like the way you hold the keel in place O0.
 Regards John B

shıp110

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:30:41 pm »

model's body ended coating

shıp110

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 05:39:22 pm »

central station and engine covers for ventilation or over

I completed model primer

shıp110

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 05:44:57 pm »

Our model rc-controlled

this is our web site

www.elhobi.tr.gg

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 08:10:00 pm »

Nice looking model. Looks well on the water.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

steve mahoney

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 05:26:50 am »

You make it look so easy

shıp110

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 10:22:56 pm »

model became new members to the forum site. When I look into the model. beautiful model requires a good plan

do not find a good plan.

Our model is simple.

I'm sorry I'm using google translate to english.

good works

quixilver

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21:12 am »

Modeli ve isciliginizi cok begendim. Ucretsiz bir planla da daha  iyisi cikmazdi saniyorum..Tebrikler..

Good model and the wood art. I think not posiible to make better with a free plan..

Mehmet Icoz.

steve mahoney

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 12:57:07 am »

Totally agree with Quixilver.
Can we have some more photos of the finished model please.

KIWINB

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 10:34:14 am »

I have built one also, Length 580mm, 4mmply frames planked with 10x2mm pine steamed to shape. Deck and Bulwarks from 0.8mm ply, Deckhouse from 2.5mm balsa. powered with a 12v motor from an old hairdryer on 8x 1.3AH nicads. All up weight 1.8Kg

KIWINB

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 11:27:51 am »

And, under way.

Marco Wegman

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 12:04:22 pm »

Hi

I am new to this modelling thing and want to try to build a tug as well.   I am having problems to download the plans for the Klimek from the site as given above.  I get referred to another site which I have to log in with email etc but then it just hangs!  Can any one help?

Thanks

Marco

KIWINB

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »

I can open the Freeship site ok, I've attached the plans as I downloaded them. Just note that the separate plans are not exactly to the same scale, check the drawing border size. I had to rescan 3, 4 and 6 by 102% to match the size of 1,2 and 5. The first plan is one I found somewhere, I rescanned it by 300% (in sections) and joined the new pages to make a working plan. The lines come out very jagged (the original is only 640 x 480 pixels) so some interpretation is needed to get them reasonably accurate. The shape for the bow bulwark is not correct (the front is too vertical), so make a new pattern with paper. The cabin parts are reasonably accurate. I also enlarged the deck detail sheets (5 and 6) by 185% to match the large plan to make the details.
The final result comes out looking very nice on the water. I did my doors and details on the superstructure with waterproof ink (looks ok as standoff scale!!).

Kevin
Auckland N.Z.

Marco Wegman

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »

Thanks for the response Kevin.

I have downloaded your files and will get a place that can get them to the right size and print them.  I actually want to practice on a easier model because I have no experience building a wooden model.  Is there someone that can point me to a place I can go read up on bending the wooden planking the right way?

I read about steaming and soaking but have not found a place that explains exactly how its done!

Marco

KIWINB

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 10:47:35 am »

Marco, I would recommend you practice with making a hull from Balsa first. One of the construction pix I posted above shows the steamer I have, it is essentially a pressure boiler with a valve to release steam when required. Works a treat on pine, it becomes as soft as balsa!!.
Have a look at sailboat forums the RG65 class is a good one to search for construction with balsa planking. They don't have compound curves like the tug around the stern. The main thing is to take your time.
Try making the practice hull about 1/2 size (2mm formers and 1.5mm planking).  Dosn't use much wood then!!.
I used a waterproof glue called Gorilla glue from hardware stores. Aliphatic glue from hobby stores is ok also. Super glue is not the best to use as it is brittle when cured. (Although it can be used if the hull is to be fiberglassed afterwards).
A balsa hull that has a coat of fibreglass will be strong enough to stand up to most handling and sailing incidents.
A couple more pix of on the water,

KIWINB

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 12:04:03 pm »

Marco, I found this on RC groups, how to build a hull     http://www.wmunderway.8m.com/cont/hullcont/hullcont.htm
A really good show and tell on hull building.

Kevin

Marco Wegman

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 04:39:06 pm »

Kevin

Thanks again!  I would not have noticed the scale difference in the pages if you did not mention it. The web site you gave regarding the building of a hull looks really promising.  I have saved and printed it for reading in bed!  (Next to wife who still has to be informed and still has to approve the building of a boat!).

Is it absolutely required to cover the balsa wood with fiber glass?  What if a harder wood is used?

Will post a picture of my previous project (Still not done!) of a Tamiya Tundra with some modifications.  Am i allowed to but a car on this site or only boats?

Regards

Marco

KIWINB

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 09:04:01 pm »

I used Pine to plank my Klimek, as I said in my original post. I had to steam soften the pine planks to bend them. The first photo shows the steamer I used. I only f/glass covered the balsa blocks I fitted to the Bow and Stern for impact strength.
I made a 1/9th scale balsa body of my mk2 MX5 to fit a Tamyia TL01 4WD chassis I had. I had a towbar on it at one time, so it could  ;) be used to tow a scale boat. (That sort of brings it into boat modelling). :-))

Lots of free boat plans here  http://freeshipplans.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

Kevin

Marco Wegman

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 09:08:56 am »

Kevin

I think I will first try a simpler hull first with pine.  I will buy a steamer for curtains and modify it slightly.  When I get the hang of it I will try the Klimek at maybe even a bit bigger scale that suggested on the plans.  Here is my Tundra.  I also fitted a towbar to tow a trailer with another Tamiya on it.  The trailer is almost done after which I want to start on the first boat project.

Marco

Zattera

• Shipmate
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2012, 12:39:24 pm »

Good afternoon
I am Antonio, I am writing from Italy.
I look a lot in internet, concerning this boat, a lot pictures, a lot web site, I think that shıp110 made the best model that I found, all particular made with good attentions and high precision.
I started the same model two years ago, after I stopped for some personal problems, now I like to continuous, I am not expert model marker, this is my first experiment :-)
In the begining I found only one drawing and only one picture in internet, I remade complete project in 3d file (for me it was easy because it was my job) and after I have started the construction.
I kindly ask, if you are helpful to answer on some questions that I found on this project.
My troubles concerning the details, the small parts that I will do for finishing this boat.
In the meantime, I am continuing with the wood parts
Thanks a lot
Antonio

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 12:45:31 pm »

Hello Antonio.  Welcome to mayhem.

Can you show a picture please as we might be able to help you if we knew the type of boat.

Your English is good but a few details are missing.   :}

regards

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Zattera

• Shipmate
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 02:43:50 pm »

Hello Ken
Thanks a lot for your interest, my first message was general because I was not sure if someone be interested to my experience.
My model is Klimek tug, for this reason I wrote here, is only forums on the web concerning this boat, I saw the model from shıp110 and I think is made very well, I wrote to him, but at the moment he doesn't answer.
In this time I have two question:
1)How can I finish the surface on the main boat deck?  Only by painting? But is like really?
2)How can I finish inside the control room? The floor, the internal wall, I want to do the best internal design also if will not so visible.
I put the numbers on the pictures because is not easy know the technical words, I hope you can understand.
Antonio

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.