Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...  (Read 3484 times)

benjaml1

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...
« on: October 26, 2009, 12:06:44 pm »

Hello, Newbie here....

Just a short question, does anyone know where I can run my fast I/C ( nitro) boat in fresh water. I'm in the Weston super Mare ( Somerset) area. Any I/C clubs local ? Fresh water only I'm afraid....

Thanks in advance, Larry....

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 12:37:04 pm »

Have a look at the MPBA site http://mpba.org.uk/affiliates/affiliated_clubs.htm and/or the SWAMBC site http://swambc.webeden.co.uk/#/member-clubs/4515502346

Just a question, why only fresh water, we run on brackish water without problems. Just make sure the radio box is waterproof and you wash everything down with fresh water afterwards. A can of CRC 5-56 is also useful :-))

benjaml1

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 12:50:59 pm »

Many thanks for that, I'll do some more research based on your info. I'm a member of SWAMBC & am building a FE but have nowhere to run my IC boat. Why only fresh water ? Well ...I have twin virgin ( unrun) Picco 80's with LAW watercooled exhaust throttles & don't like the idea of dissimilar metals cooled by an electrolyte...  It's just me being silly I spose...

Again, Many thanks...

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 12:47:29 am »

------ don't like the idea of dissimilar metals cooled by an electrolyte...  
Not being silly at all, our nitro boys have that problem as well with their carbs, hence the can of 5-56 and fairly meticulous cleaning at the end of a session. You tend to be a bit over zealous with cleaning rituals.

omra85

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 01:25:40 pm »

Hi Larry
There are a couple of IC racers in the Bristol area.
If you look on the OMRA website, calendar, "Bristol" and "Bristol Pairs" , you will find the phone numbers for Bernard and Phil.
Give them a ring as I believe there is somewhere just over the Severn Bridge.
Cheers
Danny

benjaml1

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 02:12:04 pm »

Thanks for that Danny, funnily enough I have just been working on the boat inspecting cylinder head bolts....   :-))

benjaml1

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 04:43:36 pm »

Been working on this on & off for over 15 years now & having recently retired, I now have the time for testing... A highly modified 46" Deep V Prather Hull, with twin Picco 80's...

brodjack

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »

that looks a beasty.very cool :-))
Brod..

bulldog1966

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 08:40:52 am »

hi there the bristol club for ic is called pegasis they run just down from ss great briton the big ship thats in dry dock and on the same side hope this helps its phill lock you need to get hold off .but lost his number will try and get it for you and post it for you

scoop

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 10:21:12 am »

Hello, Newbie here....

Just a short question, does anyone know where I can run my fast I/C ( nitro) boat in fresh water. I'm in the Weston super Mare ( Somerset) area. Any I/C clubs local ? Fresh water only I'm afraid....

Thanks in advance, Larry....
Hi Larry,
Nice boat, if you ever get round to racing it the BMPRS (British Model Powerboat Racing Society) race predominantly on Freshwater lakes throughout Britain.
We are a new society (formed at the beginning of this year) and will be continuously introducing new race venues, who knows we may even end up racing in your area at some point in time.
Go to www.bmprs.co.uk for further details, check out our cost of membership which includes Public Liability Insurance.

Regards
Scoop
BMPRS Publicity Officer

benjaml1

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 10:35:03 am »

Thanks guys....  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.