Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: INTRODUCING NEW MEMBER RADLEY  (Read 1292 times)

Roger in France

INTRODUCING NEW MEMBER RADLEY
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:44:49 am »

Here is some information sent to me by a new Member "Radley":

Hi Roger, thanks for your welcome, Just a bit about me for those who may be interested, from a background of Cabinetmaking and producing Hand Carved furniture I moved into the heady world of an industrial real estate agent where I have remained for the last 22 years. Since the age of 8 I have built and flown various types of model aircraft, lately my thoughts have turned more towards the Marine Modelling discipline, my interest having been stimulated by the purchase of a set of plans for the French Bautier "Louis Heloise". I would be interested to hear thoughts on the accuracy of the plans from other members, in terms of the former shapes and dimensions shown on the plan, some of which I found to be wildly out of wack. I would also like to know if anybody can help me locate a definitive treatise, on the black art of "Spiling planks" on a carvel hull, I have found bits and pieces on the subject but nothing I would consider "complete".
Well I guess that will do for an opening statement, glad to be aboard.
Kind Regards
Radley

Roger in France

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
Re: INTRODUCING NEW MEMBER RADLEY
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:06:12 pm »

Hi Radley,

Try this link for carvel execution technique- though for a cabinet maker it should be a piece of cake- just relationships between measurements and angles that form a curve.

http://www.grapeviewpointboatworks.com/rangeleybuild1.html

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.