Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drumbeat of Devon withdrawn by MSW?  (Read 7867 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Drumbeat of Devon withdrawn by MSW?
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:45:59 pm »

Bah! Drumbeat appears to have been dropped from the range of kits available from MSW. A shame as I think this is a great kit from a great manufacturer. Still the 'real' Drumbeat may be coming to the end of its useful life soon so I guess it happens to the fullsize as well.

Maybe its another kit being re worked?

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Drumbeat of Devon withdrawn by MSW?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:17:09 am »

Drumbeat is still in the price list at 219 pounds, but I can see no mention of it in the kit list.

Peter

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:35:52 pm »

Have spoken to MSW as I fancied getting one.They are running out of the die cut sheets for her,they have to order 100 sets at a time.Sales of the kit have reduced(been out since 1994) and they cannot justify ordering new ones.Maybe in future will be re-released,who knows.Think some still available at Westbourne Model Centre. Dave :((http://
http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/model-slipway-1652-0.html

Mark47

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 11:15:14 am »

Have spoken to MSW as I fancied getting one.They are running out of the die cut sheets for her,they have to order 100 sets at a time.Sales of the kit have reduced(been out since 1994) and they cannot justify ordering new ones.Maybe in future will be re-released,who knows.Think some still available at Westbourne Model Centre. Dave :((http://
http://www.westbourne-model.co.uk/model-slipway-1652-0.html

When I ordered my Trent from Westbourne. They said they do not hold stock, they order direct from MSW.

I don't live near so never been in the shop to see what stock they have.

Mark

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:07:11 pm »

Westbourne do hold some stock - see below, I suppose it depends on what you are looking for though! It's always worth giving Barry a ring.

Colin

Mark47

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:34:35 pm »

Westbourne do hold some stock - see below, I suppose it depends on what you are looking for though! It's always worth giving Barry a ring.

Colin

I could never go in there unless I had two broken arms and my pockets were stitched shut. If I didn't have broken arms on entering I would soon have them from the Mrs <*<

Just wish we had a model shop like that around here. O0

Model_Slipway

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 01:10:32 pm »

Hello

NUMBER6 is correct; the kit is discontinued however I still have enough die-cut sheets for a couple of kits. Hopefully Lawrie will re-draw all the shapes for CNC cutting, re-master everything, and we may re-release the kit at some time in the future.

We are making room on the shelves to re-introduce some of the old favourites, i.e. Bonny & Kelly, Conserver in the spring of 2010, and Yorkshireman due end of January.

Jackie

crzydoyle11

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 01:57:34 am »

I am sorry but I do not understand why it's taking so long for the Yorkshireman to come out, for us to buy it.. first it was due out in May of 09 than due by the end of Oct. 09 than late Nov. now I see the end of Jan... is it because you having trouble the new updated parts? I am sorry but as you see I am trying to hold off on buying another boat because the Yorkshireman is my first choice.. I have been looking at other fine Slipway kits. and all of them are mighty fine boats" But the Yorkshireman is the one I really wont. My fear is if I buy another kit the Yorkshireman will be release. I do not know why I write about this boat here. just to say that I guess I am venting a little bite and I am sorry about that. and for any one that is wondering why I have not email Model Slipway about this I have already and I understand there point at the time.. I am just hoping maybe they can release some of the new Update Yorkshireman maybe some time around Christmas.. if that is not possible than I will just have to wait once again.... <:(  <:(

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 08:53:31 am »

I am sorry but I do not understand why it's taking so long for the Yorkshireman to come out, for us to buy it.. first it was due out in May of 09 than due by the end of Oct. 09 than late Nov. now I see the end of Jan... is it because you having trouble the new updated parts? I am sorry but as you see I am trying to hold off on buying another boat because the Yorkshireman is my first choice.. I have been looking at other fine Slipway kits. and all of them are mighty fine boats" But the Yorkshireman is the one I really wont. My fear is if I buy another kit the Yorkshireman will be release. I do not know why I write about this boat here. just to say that I guess I am venting a little bite and I am sorry about that. and for any one that is wondering why I have not email Model Slipway about this I have already and I understand there point at the time.. I am just hoping maybe they can release some of the new Update Yorkshireman maybe some time around Christmas.. if that is not possible than I will just have to wait once again.... <:(  <:(

Like most UK model boat businesses, Model Slipway is a 'Mom and Pop' operation - not a Graupner or Robbe-sized industrial monster. Lawrie and Jackie have just introduced a brand new kit (Our Lass II) and, having done some kit preparation work for them in the past, I can say that it takes a lot of work and a long time to do this. You have to maintain production of your current range and keep up with orders while bringing a new model on. If they had put back Our Lass in order to please those whose first choice was Yorkie then they'd have simply displeased a different set of customers. I'm sure their decision was commercial - it's nothing personal.

I know there is no problem with the updated parts because I drafted them, prepared the CAD files and built a model from them. The quality of Model Slipway's products is paramount, which is why they decided to upgrade the kit in the first place.

If you are prepared to wait then I'm sure you will be satisfied with the kit. If you aren't then the choice is yours - but please don't use this forum to complain about traders; it's unfair and unneccessary.

FLJ

Bradley

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 09:47:01 am »

Glad to see that Bonny & Kelly will be making a comeback :-).  I have always liked that little boat and will join the queue to buy it :-)).  Another one that I liked was Model Slipways model of the Broom motor cruiser.  I wonder if that one will make a comeback {:-{.
Derek.

crzydoyle11

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 11:35:17 am »

Number 1 I am very sorry about complain on this forum that will not happen again.. Just want say sorry to slipway, and to any one else that I may have upset here with my post. nothing more will be sad about this form me..

rem2007

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 11:07:47 pm »

Maybe this will spark some builders,

Robert

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:54 am »

One of there best kits  :-))

Russ

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 05:59:28 pm »

I got their last kit sitting in my loft, just hope the wife doesn't find it, doh!! :}

Perkasaman2

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:46 pm »

Crazydoyle11 should not feel bad.  :(( This forum is for modeller's to share - successes/failures, joy's/woes, thrills/spills and ups/downs etc. and it's reasonable to assume that member's comments are perfectly valid providing they are not malicious and essentially well intentioned.
Crazydoyle’s comments were highly complimentary about the products and also reflected  disappointment. They were honest and relevant to the thread discussion and neither rude nor offensive. In my view an apology was neither required or necessary.
Dealers/Traders etc. enjoy considerable advantage by maintaining a presence on Mayhem and can offer valuable help/advice/ explanations.  :-)) However,  I think it's wrong for any member with a financial interest to restrict/deter members contributing information. {:-{  An ‘open’  robust Mayhemmer attitude is perhaps a better path .  :-)

(This thread doesn’t appear to be in the correct section of the forum -  Trader’s bit ?)

Number6 - 'What the eye does'nt see, the heart does'nt grieve.'   %)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.