Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Plans  (Read 6124 times)

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
Free Plans
« on: November 26, 2006, 02:11:23 pm »

I bet that got your attention. I've just come across this website http://www.mo-na-ko.net/plans/index.html which I think is Czech (or Slovak). Some nice free ship plans including a good set for HMS Arrow, a "Flat-iron" gunboat (Kanonenboot um 1873) reprinted from Modellbau.

Worth a look. I didn't investigate the merchant ships or railways.

Rick

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Free Plans
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:30:38 pm »

Sorry, bit dim about computers. Once you've downloaded the plan, how do you open it to print it?
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:45:58 pm »

Done it - to my considerable surpise!

Brilliant tip, Rick, some really interesting stuff.
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

link43mk

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:22:15 pm »

i have put some here
Link removed until any copyright issues are settled.

Admin

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 11:26:01 pm »

Just been on the above site and there was a  NASTY pop up ,very aggressive  . Peter

Koldness

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 03:50:53 pm »

On Pauls boats siter how do u go about printing these plans, I mean how do you get them back to there original size?

thanks

Kris

hobbyman

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »

Some of those plans have been disected  to an a4 size ,unfortunatelyin in scanning , the sheets do not meet in some cases ,which leaves some bits missing  , shame ,there are some good plans particularly tugs which i was interested in.

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 09:03:50 pm »

Hi Hobbyman

If you put your A4 sheets together so that they overlap you should find a natural sequence.  You can then join the pieces and redraw the bits that don't meet too well because of 'stretching ' when printing off and you should find that you can 'see' how they should fit.  When you've sorted that out you can join the edges in with a pencil to start with until you feel the curves etc are right.  You can then draw over the pencil marks with a fine line black marker to obtain the 'flow' of the plan.  Don't worry too much about getting it wrong  because your brain will automatically correct things when viewed overall.  I've found that'Magic' tape is best to use because it can be drawn over easily.  You can get it from Partners or Staples.  You should use either the base line of the plan or the waterline as a reference when fitting pieces together to avoid creating problems for yourself.  I've always added .5inch depth to the plan below waterline  at 1:32 scale or .75in on a 1:24 model .  This is to add stability to the model because you cannot scale water no matter how hard you try!!  This only applies to stand-off scale of course and not exact.

Best of luck....................

You can use this method when enlarging from a small plan in a book or mag.  I've done it so I know it works.  Best of luck..........
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.