Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOGLE TALK  (Read 1608 times)

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
GOOGLE TALK
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:59:52 am »

Has anybody else got Gooogle Talk ? As I've done a search on the forum and can't see it mentioned, hence this post.

I got an invite from a friend to join and promptly applied, signed up, downloaded the software. 

When I started to talk to my friend I had to explain Google Talk to him as he knew nothing of it. Yet the invitation had his email address  on it, to me.

The only thing I can think of is. I will be having a new ISP at the end of the month and my friend has just started using his new ISP. I wondering if either of these ISPs have been into our mail files. Or was there another way the connection between us was established.

I have never offered or prompted anybody's email address. !!!

I use Google Maps, Earth and Search at times.

Seaspray

The long Build

Re: GOOGLE TALK
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 01:12:22 pm »

Has anybody else got Gooogle Talk ? As I've done a search on the forum and can't see it mentioned, hence this post.

I got an invite from a friend to join and promptly applied, signed up, downloaded the software. 

When I started to talk to my friend I had to explain Google Talk to him as he knew nothing of it. Yet the invitation had his email address  on it, to me.

The only thing I can think of is. I will be having a new ISP at the end of the month and my friend has just started using his new ISP. I wondering if either of these ISPs have been into our mail files. Or was there another way the connection between us was established.

I have never offered or prompted anybody's email address. !!!

I use Google Maps, Earth and Search at times.

Seaspray

http://www.google.com/talk/

Seems to be a gunuine product , but from your own post you say you could find no mention of it on the internet would have told me not to download it..

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 01:16:00 pm »

Weird.

I received an e'mail with my cousins hotmail e'mail address on it.

When I opened it this is what I found.

Hi,
how are you doing recently?
  I would like to introduce you a very good company and its website is  www.yesbestshop.com  It can offer you all kinds of electronic products that you may be in need,such as laptops ,gps ,TV LCD,cell  phones,ps3,MP3/4,and etc........
  You can take some time to have a check ,there must be something you 'd like to  purchase .
The contact E-mail: service@yesbestshop.com  MSN: yesbestshop@hotmail.com
TEL: 0086+138 3165 0438
Hope you can enjoy yourself in shopping from that company !

Needless to say he didn't send the e'mail and several other of his friends have received the same.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 01:18:56 pm »

go to google then more and follow links to it, still prefer Skype as its used by so many people.

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/options/

http://www.google.co.uk/talk/intl/en-GB/

Peter

Seaspray

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is the best model boat site
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 04:46:01 pm »

The long build
I meant I was doing a search on Mayhem to see if it had been posted before, cheers mate

DickyD
I think i got something like this too a whiles back. Its a USA site I think, cheers Richard

HS93
Your right Skype is the one as shown the other weekend, cheers Peter

Seaspray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.