Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: just donated 25 pints of blood  (Read 5886 times)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
Re: just donated 25 pints of blood
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 08:18:17 pm »

ahh, did not think I was being thick!!! In joke!!!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

sentry

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 11:15:23 pm »

good on you daz just wish i could be as good as person as you but then you know the reason why  but to all blood donors  I salute you all 
                                      Regards Sentry.

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 08:16:48 am »

I cant understand what all the fuss was about , i asked for a wrinkly old smiley and Richard posted a self portrate  {-) {-) {-) .
You just have to work out who it is , myself / yourself / whoself (if thats even a word) . Its all fun  %% :-)) .
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 09:33:41 am »

Ok lads I think this subject has run long enough because nobody has taken into consideration here is that there are people from all religions and beliefs on our Forum – so time to knock this on the head - I do not think that this topic is right for the forum.
aye 
john e

bluebird
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 09:53:23 am »

Ok lads I think this subject has run long enough because nobody has taken into consideration here is that there are people from all religions and beliefs on our Forum – so time to knock this on the head - I do not think that this topic is right for the forum.
aye 
john e

bluebird

what? %%

Peter

The long Build

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 01:07:37 pm »

aye  
john e

bluebird

What !!

Its under chit chat , what's the problem..  So just because some religions do not believe in giving / receiving blood which is not a problem , we can not talk about it. !! I have also had a few pints of the stuff from donors and so am also very grateful..

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 02:31:31 pm »

aye 
john e

bluebird

OK can we talk about Poppy's, Christmas, oh and Japanese or German war ships etc  you decide while I go somewhere else.

peter

Roger in France

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 04:29:03 pm »

We can talk about anything in Chit-Chat, provided it is legal and decent.

In doing so I am sure we will all want to avoid giving offence to others but that does not mean we cannot talk about things in which others do not believe or which they find difficult or uncomfortable.

It is all about how we do it.

On Mayhem we have difficulty about "decency" sometimes but the Moderators attempt to steer a careful path. We keep in mind that this is a family site and also, that what you say and how you may say something down the pub is best not put into writing. We do draw the line very decidedly on the side of avoiding crudeness and smut. At the end of the day it is Martin's Web Site and the standards he insists on will be observed.

Out of interest, here is the Moderators self-guidance on free speech:

This Forum provides an opportunity to express opinions on a whole range of topics, not just model boating.
However,Martin (as the Site Owner and the one person who must ultimately carry the can for everything
that goes on in the Forum)and the Moderators he has appointed, are determined to ensure that all opinions
are expressed reasonably.

The Forum does not offer the right of uninhibited, free speech.

Roger in France
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.