Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mini thunder make over  (Read 2119 times)

mark w

mini thunder make over
« on: October 31, 2009, 02:29:03 pm »

I purchased a AQUCACRAFT "Mini Thunder" rtr shovel nose hydro as a joke a couple of days ago. Out of the box it ran pretty well, so I decided to give it a quick makeover. I removed all of the stickers, the antenna straw, and the wrap around windshield. I sprayed to under side silver, and the top side orange, I used vinyl press on letters for the race numbers, and dry transfers for the sponsors logos. I filled in the groove for the wrap around windshield and added a small piece of clear plastic for a more period type. I painted the engine with some basic colors to bring out some details. not bad for a day and a half's work

Mark

gwa84

Re: mini thunder make over
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 04:28:04 pm »

nice makeover eny chance of a run dawn of what's inside and some picks 

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:19:19 pm »

Nice job!  .... we look forward to the video!  :-))
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

mark w

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 09:16:18 pm »

I'm not a fast boat person, so bear with me. The stock motor is I believe a 380. There's 1 full size servo for rudder. The receiver/esc are in one unit. The boat comes with a pistol grip 2 channel radio on 27 MHz. The stock battery is a 6 cell 1100 mah nickel metal. I had planned to change the radio to 2.4, but I will wait until something happens to this one first. After the make over I ran the antenna around the inside of the hull, but the boat would only run about 20', so I put the antenna back outside in the straw.

Mark

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 11:56:34 pm »

Nice boat you gotta love those roundnose hydros they look beautifull on the water ,mine are a little bigger but size isnt everything nice job  :-)).
Mart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.