Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISP's?  (Read 5606 times)

portside II

• Full Mayhemer
  • tugs at rest
  • Location: Howden.East Riding of Yorkshire.England Near the banks of the river Ouse
    • goole model boat club indi site
Re: ISP's?
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2009, 03:14:51 pm »

The one thing i have noticed reading this thread is that the same suppliers come up agaain and again .
My friend who works from home is dependant on the internet for his buisness (he is an administrator thingy) and he uses the smaller providers where the bandwith is not over subscibed (a set limit) . he has a constant speed with no drop outs , that's the good side  :-)).
The bad side is he pay's twice the price of what the popular isp's charge and he is over four miles from the exchange<:(.
Thats buisness.
daz
I like to build my boats to play with, not to just look pretty, so they dont !

das boot

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 10:30:53 am »

The decision was made...joined up with BT internet, saves having different bills from different places.
The bits arrived today, took me all of two minutes to set up and now I'm on my new broadband system. So far it's very impressive...by heck, it ain't half quick!!

And the best bit is...I get to email 3 and tell them exactly where they can shove their remote dongle!!!

Rich

ajb68

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 03:28:27 pm »

Was thinking of moving over to bt myself , with sky at the moment which is ok till it rains then we loose half our channels ,they say this sometimes happens ,smells like something i wouldnt want to shovel if you ask me , but what do i know lol ?

Regards Andy

das boot

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 03:32:08 pm »

Do it Andy, so far it's working perfectly...and is it ever fast? For the first time I can watch a complete YouTube video right through...just giving the neighbours a treat with a couple of hundred watts of Wishbone Ash.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJN-wrtuWOg&feature=related    :-))

Rich

ajb68

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 03:55:52 pm »

oh my head hurts  >:-o glad i aint your neighbour  O0 >>:-(
Regards Andy

Bee

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 12:36:22 am »

The road to my village has been being dug up for 6 weeks to lay in new cables for broadband. BTwires  but the contractor is Fujitsu :o I expect to get some kind of sales stuff through the letterbox when they finish. I'm at the far end so I hope there is enough juice left by the time it reaches me.

wbeedie

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 03:51:57 pm »

fujitsu are doing most of the line work over the UK safe enough in regards to junk mail never happened here YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.