Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Motors???  (Read 2096 times)

Guy

Two Motors???
« on: November 25, 2009, 02:55:15 pm »

I have two lovely outboard motors now thanks to this forum and Nige!

A quick question regarding this, is it possible to run 2 mtroniks speed controllers via a Y lead to one receiver?

The advantage of this if it does work would be I could run the motors from individual batteries. If so has anyone done it?

If this is not possible does anyone have any tips on how best to run two motors? In parallel or in series?

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
Re: Two Motors???
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 03:00:56 pm »

just get a standard Y lead if the controllers have battery eliminators in them just lift the flap  on the red pin "centre "on  one and pull it out and bend it back over and put a bit of tape on it ,you just do it to one of them  you can leave one switched of but you may damage them if you forgot , it will all work fine then two batteries one for each.

Peter

Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 04:08:04 pm »

Ok thanks Peter. Im guessing that the red wire is the power feed to the receiver and you dont want two of them!!

Another reason for asking about this set up is a would like to run twin battery packs but also I already have a mtroniks 15amp speed controller which will run one of the motors but i think it will be far too much to put two on it. So one new 15 amp esp and a y lead is cheaper then a new esp that will run both.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »

This diagram from ACTion Electronics might help.

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Twin%20Motors.pdf
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.