Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overall plan view measurements  (Read 4364 times)

rayna

Overall plan view measurements
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:11:06 am »

ok2
Hi all , Just a question concerning the plan vierw dimensions of 18" x 8"". If you are putting a heavy horizontal buffer bar around the hull say 40mm x 15mm is the 18x8 to be outside those strakes or just the main hull?
thanks
rayna

mike_victoriabc

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Overall plan view measurements
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 01:52:09 am »

Just to be safe - I allowed for that in the measurements - however I've not seen anyone drag out a tape - this is supposed to be a fun boat and encourage new modelers.

rayna

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 04:03:55 am »

:embarrassed:
Hi I did not put that question at all clearly.
I understand that the absolute outside dimensions are 18" x  8" so any bumper rail around the hull (ie 30x15mm ) must be within those measurements. I presume that this is the correct interpretation. So if a springer is built like that it has a potential smaller displacement for the same waterline depth.
i notice that a few of the springers sport a bumper rail like that. Similarly the front "knees" if fitted would have to be within those measurements.
thanks
rayna

chingdevil

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 06:41:21 am »

I think you will find that the springer measuments are for the hull, and do not include the knees or any bumpers around the outside.

Brian

rayna

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:28:17 pm »

:-))
Thanks for that. Makes sense to keep it as hull measurement sand if I make any I will probably do 2 the same and be the only two around here.
Raynor J

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 02:18:21 pm »

Where is "around here"? {:-{
..well can you land on this?

rayna

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 01:01:38 am »

:-))
Well around here is Hamilton New Zealand, but my forebears came from Annadale near Carlisle up your way.
Great quality stock, cattle rustlers always backing whoever is winning a good strategy !
Raynor

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 10:55:39 am »

Oops sorry , I should have read your previous posts. :embarrassed:  I`m a bit further north than Annan though , couple of hundred miles or so.  Are there no more Springers in NZ yet, must be a polo team surely ?
..well can you land on this?

rayna

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 03:13:43 am »

O0
Havn't heard of any but there could well be down south. people are into "footy's" here but as i say have not heard of anyone into Springers. As ship scale modellers normally , we are pretty thin on the ground. Maybe this is a way to engender some interest, the time to build usually makes it impossible for many to even consider it.
i have the drives that would suit a pair of these beasts having just removed two decaperms and old type resistance type SCs from a Range Safety launch which I will repower.
Raynor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.