Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thunder Tiger Voyager 2/Thunder Tiger ETNZ ... same boat?  (Read 15810 times)

Jake Bullit

Re: Thunder Tiger Voyager 2/Thunder Tiger ETNZ ... same boat?
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 10:56:34 am »

Good luck with your projects ,and thanks for the pics.I am working at the moment ,so can`t write to much.
Here are a couple of links on ETNZ builds/mods.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697723

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1021888

Jake Bullit

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 09:01:25 am »

Here are a few pics,been waiting for sails to arrive from Housemartin.
Mods include:
eyebolts,chainplates,trace wire rigging,extra resin round keel recess,new sails.

It still needs tidying up,and the luff is a bit long,but at least I got it on the water(green).wind was only 1-2 bft. yesterday.

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 10:56:09 am »

Nice one Jake!

Congrats on your maiden!

I'd let the jib out a tad more, but that could also be the light windconditions you sailed her in, keep on tinkering!

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Jake Bullit

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 12:22:50 pm »

Here`a a couple  before the new sails,very badly set up with the mast to far astern,and no wind again.

At least the water was more brown than green back in February. ok2

pompebled

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 04:30:34 pm »

Hi Jake,

Don't worry, the stock sails are of the same dubious quality as the sails that came with the ABS version; when the temperature is high, the material shrinks soo bad you can play the violin on the lines holding the sails.
When it's cold the material saggs so much it droops over the booms with no way to adjust that.

The stock sails are even worthless for display purposes, as the bad shrinking may lead to damage to the rigg and hull.

I used the stock sails once and once I got home I immedialtely removed them and used them as a template for some 'decent' cloth (spinaker)...

Regards, Jan.
Boaters are nice people

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 04:39:49 am »

Jake,
I gotta ask you, whats with the yellow/green water in the two last pictures on your 5-19-10 posting? I hope that is algae making it that color, and not something else! Looks like there might be some suspicious looking floating matter in the water. Hope it didn't stain your beautiful all white boat!

On a more serious note, you mentioned snapping a steel trace wire, what did you end up using? In my last posting I included a picture of the SS 1 x 7 strand nylon coated 30lb test leader I used on my boat. I am curious if the wire snapped, or did the crimp/sleeve let go? It is important to match the wire with the correct size sleeve. If they are mismatched, they will let go at the most in opportune time.

I mentioned in my last posting, that I'd post a couple of updated photos for you when I completed my Yamaha.  With the latest addition of a to scale racing crew, and a few other finishing touches, the boat is now complete. Notice the color of the water, it matches the boats color.

Hope you arevout there enjoying sailing your beautiful new boat!!
Windchaser.

Jake Bullit

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 07:43:43 am »

Hi W/C,
         the green is algae,it seems a bit better now,I think it just blooms up at a certain time of year.
Yes it was a sleeve that had popped off,I`ve redone it now and added some super glue just to make sure.
Your Yamaha certainly looks nice,maybe I`ll have to paint mine green to match the colour of our water. ;)

Jake Bullit

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 04:23:03 pm »

http://www.vimeo.com/13225667

Here`s a link to some video I took of my Voyager,wind was a bit gusty.

Sorry about the quality of the video,it was taken on a keychain camera ,and has lost a lot of quality when I edited it to size for vimeo.

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 05:47:32 pm »

Jake
I'd say that little camera works great! The boat looks good and handles well in the heavier winds. Thanks for sharing! I am going to shoot some video this weekend of a few of my boats. Hoping we'll have some wind to make it more interesting. The weather guys are suggesting we are in for some heat, 97F this weekend, which can mean very little wind. Once I have the footage, I need to learn how to post in on the forum.

Windchaser

Jake Bullit

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 12:42:41 pm »

http://www.vimeo.com/13306155

Here is a bit more video ,this time with the keychain cam bluetacked to the TX aerial.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.