Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a farce - the Ireland v France match  (Read 3733 times)

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
What a farce - the Ireland v France match
« on: November 19, 2009, 07:46:08 am »

I couldn't believe the result last night after Ireland dominated the entire game with their first excellent goal. How could the equalising goal have been allowed from a hand ball? What a surprise...

<*<

barryfoote

Re: What a farce - the Ireland v France match
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 08:02:58 am »

Never in the field of footballing conflicting was so much given by so few to so many....only to have the hopes of a Nation dashed by a cheating rotter!!!!

Don't blame the ref, blame the man who cheated..

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 08:25:57 am »

It's about time football dragged itself into the 21st century and had a video ref at these games.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:06 am »

Absolutely DickyD. I'm not a football supporter but I do have a sense of fair play and Ireland should have won fair and square!

Wasyl

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:26 am »

England suffered with the hand of God,and Wales like wise with the hand of the toothless giant...but they got over it,..well Wales did,and i,ve no doubt Ireland will get over it,After all its only a game where 22 grown "men" and 3 idiot chase a "bag of air "all over a field for 90 mins  {-)

Wullie

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 11:42:50 pm »

England suffered with the hand of God,and Wales like wise with the hand of the toothless giant...but they got over it,..well Wales did,and i,ve no doubt Ireland will get over it,After all its only a game where 22 grown "men" and 3 idiot chase a "bag of air "all over a field for 90 mins  {-)

Wullie

When everyone knows that there should really be 30 men, and they should pick it up and run with it....

wbeedie

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »

Every one knows a real ball game the ball is hit with a caman and is neither hurly or hockey :-))

boater12

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 11:58:10 pm »

England suffered with the hand of God,and Wales like wise with the hand of the toothless giant...but they got over it,..well Wales did,and i,ve no doubt Ireland will get over it,After all its only a game where 22 grown "men" and 3 idiot chase a "bag of air "all over a field for 90 mins  {-)

Wullie

At least the English, Welsh, Irish have a manager, grown men support their country, its not a case of getting ''over it'' its a case of who is right in the judgement. We could say it the same for modle boats, 22 grown men building a model that to you is to your standard, but then again who builds your models ?

Boater 12

andygh

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 11:12:04 pm »

Ireland should have won fair and square!

Why?  %%

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 07:50:38 am »

Every one knows a real ball game the ball is hit with a caman

Isn't that some sort of crocodile?
Sounds jolly unsporting - but not as unsporting as FIFA.
Having said that, I suppose that giving in to the demands for a replay would be setting a huge precedent which could undermine every football referee in every match at every level from now until Doomsday.
Like my old Latin master used to say when we complained about his inconsistent marking; "There's no justice in the world, is there?"
FLJ

polobeer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 08:27:43 am »

Very true FLJ. I also think that the famous line from "Animal Farm" is very apt in the context of this farcical "game", i.e. that "all animals are equal, except that some animals are more equal than others".

Simon  {:-{

barryfoote

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 09:14:58 am »

I am afraid nothing can be done about that one game, but it would not be that difficult for the powers that be ton stop this cheating. Cheating in football is so institutionalised that most of them do not consider it to be cheating. More red cards for abusing officials, cheating and general unsporting behaviour, with subsequent punishments similar to the world of Rugby Union, 3 month bans instead of three games. This would soon have the desired result and make the game better for all.

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 11:40:26 am »

I am afraid nothing can be done about that one game, but it would not be that difficult for the powers that be ton stop this cheating. Cheating in football is so institutionalised that most of them do not consider it to be cheating. More red cards for abusing officials, cheating and general unsporting behaviour, with subsequent punishments similar to the world of Rugby Union, 3 month bans instead of three games. This would soon have the desired result and make the game better for all.

The problem is, Barry, that the referee is the guy who's supposed to be on the spot to prevent cheating. If he maintains he didn't see the offence then for all intents and purposes it didn't happen - even if half the known world was watching and saw it as clear as day, and about a hundred times over on the replays. The rules of the game were written well before TV.

As regards cheating, M. Henri seems to be an honourable sort of bloke and if he admits that he did touch the ball with his arm but that it wasn't intentional then that's good enough for me. Intent is always down to one's own judgement which is bound to be swayed by team loyalty. Nontheless it was a foul and should have been penalised. It's just a shame that it had such a drastic effect on the outcome of the whole tournament as far the two teams were concerned.

However, anything done to change the result after the event reminds me of stable-doors and bolting horses. Like the man says, it happens - get used to it.

FLJ

richtea

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 02:11:57 pm »

Dear FLJ,
When the ball hit Henry's arm that may not have been intentional,
but no one can convince me that when he then controlled the ball
with his hand that he did not do this with intent.
That was the cheating part of the episode.
Regards
richtea

FullLeatherJacket

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 03:46:53 pm »

no one can convince me that when he then controlled the ball
with his hand that he did not do this with intent.

We may never  know the truth...........  <:(

barryfoote

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 04:06:06 pm »

A sign of the Institutional dishonesty in the game, an Irish player has publicly said that he does not blame Henri, but blames the referee.

Do we really blame a man of integrity and honesty, doing a job to the best of his ability, or the dishonest man who cheated.....?

I for one know who is to blame and who is to blame in every match we see, where players cheat to gain advantage. I am sick of it and will no longer be supporting the game, i have loved all my life... >:-o <*< >:-o <*< <:( <:( <:( <:(

richtea

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 06:40:52 pm »

Well said Footski,
I too have been actively supporting my local club since 1963.
But in the last ten years have gradually weaned myself off live matches.
It seems that today's players have no link to the community or the fans,
If a club gets relegated they all desert the sinking ship as if to say
its got nothing to do with me, I'm alright Jack.
Anyway they didn't come and see me when I was bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.