Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outboards  (Read 3142 times)

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
Outboards
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:00:52 am »

Hi all,

Just at the stage now of propulsion for a fast launch and was thinking of using two Graupner outboards, has anyone used these and if so any info on them would be greatly appreciated, i was thinking of two of these....

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/graupner_2337.html

Thanks

Russ

andyn

Re: Outboards
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:48:12 am »

A bloke at our club has one with a brushless in it on the back of a 25 odd inch tunnel hull. Moves rather quickly ;)

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:45:13 am »

I have a couple of the earlier GTX-500 outboards, and mine have shaft drive and bevel gears in the lower unit too. I was under the impression that the newer ones had bendy cable drive, but your link says otherwise.

The GTX-500s are pretty powerful, by my standards anwyay, and with a BB 850 motor in the back the ones you mention just have to be fliers! I'm pretty impressed with Graupner engineering, very little has gone wrong with mine, just needs a little grease and brush lube on the motot.
Regards
Kit

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 10:08:56 am »

There,s 2 x outboards on ebay at the mo,item number 170389106438

Wullie

Guy

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:14:11 pm »

Any new news on this?

I am looking to do a small (around 25") twin outboard powered semi scale rescue/patrol boat but cannot find a suitable outboard anywhere. Aquacraft do one in the states that was fitted on a little boat in the ripmax catalogue but im not into spending a fortune so might have to can my plans.

Anyone got anything laying about or know of anything outboard 2nd hand etc?

Thanks.

a3nige

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 04:08:12 pm »

Hi Guy,
I have these 2 I got with a boat, I have never run them but they work when connected to a battery. The motor has 'MRA' then 'Wizard' written on them. One has a bad cover, a screw has broken the case (see pic) and there is a split in the case that looks like it has been glued.
Anyway they are yours for £20 plus postage if you want them, if not I will put them in the for sale section.

Nige
"You're a hard person to ignore, but well worth the effort !"

Guy

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:50:29 pm »

Nige,

OOO yes please. I will send you a PM

Guy

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 02:19:52 pm »

Nige,

Got them thanks, i have sent a PM about payment but not sure if they are sending.

banana shark

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 09:18:13 pm »

I've just bought a groupner GTX 650 with a 600 race motor. I found it realy easy to mount & set up. I'm going to put a water cooling jacket on it cuz it got a bit warm after 10 mins of full blast. over all it works realy well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.