Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cygnus again.......  (Read 6137 times)

me3

cygnus again.......
« on: December 02, 2009, 08:07:01 pm »

following the last post i made. i have been looking at the models by design website and would like a fast type of fishing boat.
has anyone made a Cygnus cyclone 26  or a CYGNUS REVENGE 38 FAST FISHING BOAT, if so please can you post some pictures or links of pictures
thank you very much
regards :-)

Bradley

Re: cygnus again.......
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 08:55:25 pm »

I had a look at the Revenge at the Warwickshire show and got the impression that it would make into a nice fast angling charter type boat similar to full size ones seen in the harbour at Weymouth (and elsewhere). :-))

Derek.

me3

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »

yes i think i would fit it with a electric motor onto a shaft
although i live an hour away for Weymouth we still visit there quite a lot. i always see them and think how easy they would be to make from scratch
regrades

wbeedie

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 10:22:05 pm »

not models but have you looked on  www.trawlerphotos.co.uk    www.trawlerpictures.net and ships nostalgia for pics of the real things

me3

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:05:12 am »

oh yes
i have done some research and found some on you tube eg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo6SxeZ5E6Q and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJnx_4VJwU&feature=channel and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHOfbyE9lO8&feature=related.
i do see them in real life quite a lot as i said in the previous post i made.
regards

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 09:07:24 am »

ive not made a cyclone or a revenge  but have made a gm33 1;16th scale

Bradley

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 09:48:12 am »

If you want to see a superb model fishing boat, have a look at the one above.  I know Ray and have admired this boat many times and, I think, it could not be better :-)).  I only wish I could finish mine somewhere near as good {:-{.
Derek.

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:53:37 am »

Hy Ray
That,s a nice looking boat you have there. I have the kit for the SF33, have,nt started it yet as I have a couple of other boats on the go.
Can you tell me, are the gunwhales and winch from Models by Design, and did you scratch the fish boxes ect. It,s a pity the pics are running in to one another but it,s a real looker :-)).
Cheers
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

Bradley

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 10:04:26 am »

Hi Bosun,
I see that Ray is offline at the moment but I think that his model was built in the days when the kit was produced by someone in Norfolk (before Metcalf Mouldings bought the kits) and I am sure that he scratch built a lot of the fittings, etc.  He even did a visit to Cygnus when they were building boats at Penryn.  His display at the shows included a brochure of info from Cygnus, Spencer Carter, etc.  I am sure Ray will come back with more info than I can give.
Derek.

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 01:34:19 pm »

Hy Derek
Thanks for getting back to me, when I said about the pics I meant that they only showed parts of the boat, when I read it back it sounded a bit discourteous, it was never meant that way, I just noticed the wording does,nt sound right. :embarrassed:.
How are you getting on with your build I have been folowing with interest, at the moment I am doing a refurb on my BostonTyphoon, and scratching up another fishing boat as well as a Puffer. I am hoping to make a start on my Cygnus just after xmas.
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com

Bradley

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2009, 03:22:57 pm »

Hi Bosun,
I don't think it sounded discourteous at all but I thought you meant that the pics were overlapping which would have been a problem with your PC as mine were okay.
My build is coming along slowly.  I have just come in from my workshop (that's a posh name for a shed) where I have been fitting the timber uprights between the deck and the gunwhale - fiddly job because of the weird shape of the upper part of the hull moulding.  I fail to see why Andy at MBD moulded it like that :((.  I will post some pics when I get a little further on.
At the moment I am spending my time between the Cygnus and the Huntsman.
Derek.

ray123

• Full Mayhemer
  • shuswap tugboat
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 06:41:59 pm »

hi  bosun  as derek was saying i built this one 10years ago now  it was a kit from a norfolk company called boats& models  its 1;16th scale  24inch loa   the winch came  with the kit & is white metal  the fish boxes are all scratch built with styrene  gas bottle was made from the end of the broom handel

i have started a 1;12th scale gm33  this one is from models by design  & ive used there hardwood gunwhale  witch has turned out realy well  also have there window frames   hope this has helped regards ray

bosun

• Full Mayhemer
    • bosunsmodelboats.com
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 07:55:35 pm »

Hy Ray.
I will have a a word with Andy about the gunwhale, I usually do my own,but I like the finish on yours so I may go down that road.
As for the broomstick handle for the gas bottle, nice one, I got to admit that one passed me by. I will probably do my own boxes but I did buy a couple made up with fish already in them at Blackpool, so that,s another thing to look at.
Cheers Ray , Thanks for the info
Bosun
bosunsmodelboats.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.505 seconds with 22 queries.