Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: planet t5 neutral not centered  (Read 8639 times)

lozvik

planet t5 neutral not centered
« on: December 08, 2009, 05:00:43 pm »

anyone know a quick fix to this prob, when the throttle is in neutral position motors still run slightly, i.e. i have to have  joystick a couple of notches down for it to become neutral, is there any adjustment that can be made inside tx at all?  obviously i can trim it but it is quite a bit and takes power from reverse

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: planet t5 neutral not centered
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 05:04:47 pm »

How fast do you want to go backwards then.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 05:05:55 pm »

What esc are you using? It's quite common for 'the centre not to be in the middle' - usually people want more power and flexibility in forwards than astern.

The Electronize esc's have a central adjustment - I dare say others have as well....

lozvik

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 05:12:39 pm »

What esc are you using? It's quite common for 'the centre not to be in the middle' - usually people want more power and flexibility in forwards than astern.

The Electronize esc's have a central adjustment - I dare say others have as well....

mtroniks viper, shhhh, you get told off if you not using an action one on here, lol,  it was all ok till i stuck this new 2.4 radio in

john j

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 05:21:38 pm »

Sounds to me as if the pot in the TX is off centre, you`ll soon know if you put the trim and stick exactly in the middle, plug in a servo to that channel and then move the reverse switch back and forward. If the servo moves then it`s the pot causing the trouble  :-))

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 05:28:00 pm »

If you read some of his many postings he says his Tx does not have any servo reverse switches. {:-{

lozvik

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 05:28:56 pm »

Sounds to me as if the pot in the TX is off centre, you`ll soon know if you put the trim and stick exactly in the middle, plug in a servo to that channel and then move the reverse switch back and forward. If the servo moves then it`s the pot causing the trouble  :-))

that sounds sensible, so if it is that, can it be fixed/ adjusted

lozvik

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 05:33:52 pm »

If you read some of his many postings he says his Tx does not have any servo reverse switches. {:-{

actually it does have servo reverse, and as for my "many postings" have a look at yrs pal over 5000! so if all you can do is have little digs mate dont bother to read my posts, problem solved

john j

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 05:37:50 pm »

Only read his post`s on this thread. No point in asking if it has sub trim or end point adjustment to help him out of this problem ?

john j

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 05:41:48 pm »

Does it have sub trim and end point adjustment or sometimes called travel adjust ?

lozvik

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 05:54:32 pm »

not too sure john, got the back off the tx what do i need to look for

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 06:36:21 pm »

actually it does have servo reverse, and as for my "many postings" have a look at yrs pal over 5000! so if all you can do is have little digs mate dont bother to read my posts, problem solved

Since you have been on this forum you have posted 76 times nearly everyone asking for help setting up your running gear and R/C
Several of us have tried to help you, but you ignore most of what is said.
Is it any wonder we are getting a little p****d off ?

I have been on this forum several years longer than you and most of my postings have been trying to help other people or joining in the more social side of the forum.

By the way just a reminder about what you said about your servo reverse.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=21221.msg206468#msg206468

lozvik

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 06:48:18 pm »

Since you have been on this forum you have posted 76 times nearly everyone asking for help setting up your running gear and R/C
Several of us have tried to help you, but you ignore most of what is said.
Is it any wonder we are getting a little p****d off ?

I have been on this forum several years longer than you and most of my postings have been trying to help other people or joining in the more social side of the forum.

By the way just a reminder about what you said about your servo reverse.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=21221.msg206468#msg206468

well actually mate most other people have been helpfull its only you who hasnt, and just likes to have little pops, as ive said dont read my posts and dont answer anymore of them, end of!!

Timo2

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 07:15:57 pm »

Hi All

EASY EASY EASY     BOYS  <*<

TOYs in  the pram please

Timo2

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 08:51:51 pm »

lozvic,
The Viper has to be set up to the transmitter as here:  http://www.mtroniks.net/resources/ViperMarineInstructionManual.jpg

Bob
Officially a GOG.

lozvik

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »

cheers bob, but ive been through that setup quite a few times and it hasnt made a difference, somethings not quite right since adding the 2.4ghz it was fine when i had the old 40 meg  :((

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 09:12:40 pm »

I had a similar problem with the Spektrum5 and the potentiometer was set offset so the neutral WAS offcentre.
It was sent back for repair.
But Vipers are usually far more forgiving as they are in effect a manual set up.
Have you tried plugging in the esc to another channel to se if it will operate correctly?

Bob
Officially a GOG.

lozvik

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 08:17:21 am »

ill try that today, cheers Bob

lozvik

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »

ok ive tried that bob and theres no difference, ive also tried another esc and its exactly the same, basically i cant calibrate the esc whilst using the 2.4ghz but can with 40mhz ? although its working with the 2.4 its not working properly  {:-{

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 10:24:34 pm »

Does the 2.4G setup take a while to settle itself after switch-on?  The Viper only gives a few seconds of opportunity to go into learning mode after powering up, then remembers what it learned before.  If the valid signal from the RX doesn't happen before the Viper settles into remembering its previous settings, the Viper never will have a chance to get the settings for your TX.
Haven't got one, just thinking aloud.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

john j

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 10:34:19 pm »

Does the 2.4G setup take a while to settle itself after switch-on?  The Viper only gives a few seconds of opportunity to go into learning mode after powering up, then remembers what it learned before.  If the valid signal from the RX doesn't happen before the Viper settles into remembering its previous settings, the Viper never will have a chance to get the settings for your TX.

This is a real possibility, can you use a 4.8v pack to boot up the radio before powering up the esc ?

lozvik

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 09:59:00 am »

good thinking ill try that and see what happens, cheers

lozvik

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 10:00:30 am »

This is a real possibility, can you use a 4.8v pack to boot up the radio before powering up the esc ?

cheers john, yes ill try it with the batt pack

lozvik

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 11:19:41 am »

malcolm, yr a genius! its now working properly, thanks also john and bob, what a great forum for information  :}

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 12:07:31 pm »

Reads to me like a result "in the best traditions of Mayhem", as the military cliche goes....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.