Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: There's no one out there!  (Read 81527 times)

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: There's no one out there!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 08:16:08 pm »

Roll on the infinite improbability drive, or the GBEB. (Great big elastic band)
As for the arsonist of the blue touch paper leading to the big bang?  It was probably a big boy wot ran away.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Wasyl

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 01:50:08 pm »

Oh, yes there is, ....Everyone has got to be somewhere, O0 %%

Wullie

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2009, 07:28:24 pm »

Quite right Brian, where do Geordies come from ?  {:-{
Well obviously not from where you come from. Even the great Merlin is reputed to originate from Carlisle. And, yes, the Lambton Worm still exists in the folk-lore of "up here". You lot down south only have bogey-men to scare your kids with. And what modern child is going to be scared of what comes out of its nose? The Lambton Worm is just biding its time.
Notes from a simple seaman

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2009, 07:35:16 pm »

{-) {-)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »

Be thankful we are alone.

Not only would there be von Nuemann and Bracewell probes if we weren't, there'd also be something called a 'berserker'! And you wouldnt want to discover one of these!

Wasyl

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2009, 09:47:28 pm »

Berserkers! now they were the really mean guys,I first came across them in Nightbreed,then later in the 13th Warrior, {-)

Wullie

ajb68

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 08:20:14 am »

There be some strange beasties north of the wall after dark  O0 {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

Andy

Wasyl

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 06:19:59 pm »

Rumour has it,...that they might be coming your way, {-) {-) {-) {-)

Wullie

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 09:26:28 am »

They're already here! I saw one in the high street the other day, it had a part of a dead sheep under it's arm, there were tubes sticking out of it and it was making a terrible screeaming sound. It may have been summoning other beasties so we should be on our guard and watch out for them! {-) {-)

Wasyl

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 10:39:25 am »

I can think of no sound ,more rewarding,than that of,the skirl o"the pipes by a piper who knows what he,s,  doing, O0 {-)

Wullie

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 11:45:12 am »

Not even the clink of money in your pocket?  :} :}

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 04:26:27 pm »

Q; how do you tune the pipes?

A- Nobody's found out yet, but they're still trying! {-)

steamboatmodel

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 05:45:59 pm »

Pipes are the only musical instrument declared a weapon of war.
Regards,
Gerald.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 07:12:49 pm »

Dear All,

What the human mind has difficulty in grasping is that space is absolute infinity. Our Galaxy, our Universe, this tiny bit of unlimitedness, is simply just a part of an infinite limitless number of others. There is no number because there isn't a number... no such number exist......... simples!!! %% {-)

As to communications, there are all sorts of things floating about the radio spectrum that radio telescopes 'hear', but the chances of our hearing amongst it all what we perceive as communications are very very very remote. In saying this, I mean that 'others' will most likely use entirely different transmission methods that we have no idea of because we haven't advanced enough technologically enough to receive/recognise them.

As to our being watched from the timeless void of space... well, who knows... but I bet we are................

To put it in a nutshell, humankind would be best concentrating and occupying itself on not knocking six bells out of each other, and concentrate on more important things. All else will/would happen in good time.

Regards, Bernard

Jimmy James

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 07:56:03 pm »

Steamboat
You've never heard of the Irish and the Welsh War Harps which were said to be able to shatter weapons and split Shields
 Or the North American Indian War Drums ????? Then of course there there were the Celtic and Pict Clarion War Horns
Freebooter
Retired  Ships Officer/ Master.
Experience: 50+ years at sea under Sail, Steam & Motor
Kings Lynn

Bradley

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 08:01:44 pm »

I can think of no sound ,more rewarding,than that of,the skirl o"the pipes by a piper who knows what he,s,  doing, 

Wullie

On the subject of pipes, I am not a Scotsman but I can think of nothing more moving that a funeral being preceded by a piper playing a lament (especially if it's a friend who is on his final ride). :(( :((

Derek.

Wasyl

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 11:45:32 pm »

Thank you Derek, and a Merry Christmas to you, and Prosperous NewYear,
and same to all of you,...bar one %% {-) {-)

Wullie

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2009, 08:51:25 am »

If the Galaxy is teeming with intelligent life, where are they all? If there are civilisations thousand's or hundreds of thousands of years older than us, we should be able to see some sign of them? We should be able to pick up their radio chatter, they should have sent out the said von Nuemann or Bracewell probes. If there are that many other civilisations out there, there must be at least one or two who want to talk to us?

I believe that any higher order of life out there would probably have a policy of non-interference and wait for us to achieve the ability of true space/ inter galactic travel. At that point we would introduced to the Galactic community. In the meantime we see what they want us to see and hear what they want us to hear.

Who in their right mind would currently wish to have us in their community, we fight, we cheat, we lie, we destroy. Any serious advance into space would require a peaceful planet where resources are pooled between nations and with the brightest minds gathered in a spirit of cooperation and not competition.

In the meantime I enjoy the Culture series from Iain M Banks :-))

steamboatmodel

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2009, 10:49:44 pm »

Steamboat
You've never heard of the Irish and the Welsh War Harps which were said to be able to shatter weapons and split Shields
 Or the North American Indian War Drums ????? Then of course there there were the Celtic and Pict Clarion War Horns
Freebooter
I have heard of them and even heard some as well as the great Lambeg Ulster drums but,
"As a musical instrument of war, the Great Pipes of the Highlands were without equal, according to historians. The shrill and penetrating notes worked well in the roar and din of battle and pipes could be heard at distances up to 10 miles. Because of the importance of the bagpipes to any Highland army, they were classified as an instrument of war by the Loyalist government during the Highland uprising in the 1700s."
http://www.visitdunkeld.com/bagpipe-history.htm
The Bagpipes remain as the only ones that classified as an instrument of war .
Regards,
Gerald.

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2009, 11:09:59 pm »

Is not this Topic going slightly off-beat? Please don't missunderand, I am a fan of the pipes and drums, and am indeed a great fan of same, and have - at great expense - gone to the trouble of relacing tapes with CD's of same - but might I dare to refer back to my previous Post? Please don't think I am being 'funny', just on Topic that's all :-)) :-)

Wasyl

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 11:56:11 pm »

Of course its went "off beat"a little,what do you expect,this is Mayhem,and this is what Mayhemers do,then we.ll get back on track ,and who,knows where we,ll end up,...right now i,m "on the Dark Side of the Moon,courtesy of PF, {-) {-)

Wullie

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2009, 12:00:20 am »

Wullie, Quite right!!! {-) :} Have fun :-)) %% {-)

Wasyl

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 12:14:35 am »

I will do, when i meet up "with several species of small furry animals, gathered together in a cave grooving with a Pict,"then i,ll chill out to the Barking of the Dog fox,gone to ground and the Flashing of the Kingfisher,flying through the water, {-) %%  {-)

Wullie,sometimes my wife says i,m Mad, {-)

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 12:41:58 am »

Wullie, look, we are going to be told off soon by these off Topic comms., and I don't want to be!!!! O0 %% ;)

Wasyl

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:05 am »

Yeah, you,re right, :(( {:-{
 {:-{ :((

Wullie
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.