Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap LED's  (Read 2526 times)

Aston

Cheap LED's
« on: December 04, 2006, 09:05:33 pm »

Not directly a model boat link, buta lot of us use these on our models, so if you want a ridiculously low priced source of LED's in all sizes, colours, and even flashing   look on ebay for a seller called amigoofchina,  he's based in Hong Kong   but gives an excellent service, and does packs in various (large) amounts,and ALWAYS includes free resistors, one per LED to allow them to be run from a 12v source.   cost per light is dead cheap.

cost        shipping        total       per LED
eg,  100 x 5mm White Flash 5000 mcd LED Bulb inc Free Resistors         12.99      3.50            16.49   16.5 pence !
       50 x 3mm Blue Flash LED Light Alarm with Free Resistors                  4.99      2.00             6.99      7 pence
       50 x 3mm Green 5000 mcd LED Bulb with Lamp Free Resistors          2.99     2.00             4.99       5 pence

I and a few of our club members have used him several times, and a feedback of over 3500 speaks for itself ( if you know ebay).

try this link to his ebay shop if you are interested,  I have no connection ( Hong Kong is a long way ) other that as a very happy customer   

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Amigo-Of-China

just as a for instance, I have fitted 4 of the 3mm blue flashing LED's into the roof of a Cararama 1:72 scale Coastguard Land Rover, and two in the roof light bar of the 1:72 scale RNLI Range Rover, along with 2 x 3mm white ones in the headlights, and they look great.

Regards

Aston

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Cheap LED's
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:45:58 pm »

Use Maplins myself. Just down the road so you can take them back if faulty!

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
Re: Cheap LED's
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:13:52 am »

I use these guys for most of my LED needs.

www.lsdiodes.com

A little dearer than the first link, but very cheap postage and they will supply as little or as many as you like.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.