Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: It's SNOWING  (Read 51633 times)

Bradley

Re: It's SNOWING
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 04:06:07 pm »

It has certainly snowed in (West) Norfolk now.  This was taken at about 9am after I had done some shovelling -

Greggy1964

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 04:27:47 pm »

Gregg my wife says if your two dogs ever need rescuing she'll have them, she's sure they will get on with our one. Thumbs up

Thanks DickyD, it'll never come to that I hope but I'll keep you in mind! O0 {-)

there beautiful looking dogs,whats your address so i can come and dognap them, laughing

No fear Wasyl, I love my doggies to bits {-) {-)

Should we take it then that your pendicular bits are lower than a German Shepherd's?  Inocent

No Barry they're not but it bl**dy well feels like they are out there at the moment!  {:-{ O0 O0 {-) {-)

andyn

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2009, 04:28:22 pm »

Woke up an hour or so ago to find that the central heating was broken, little chinese man came round and fixed it for about the third time this year....

Dog's been out in the snow, turned into a dalmation  ;)

andygh

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2009, 04:40:50 pm »

LOL what would you guys do if you had snow like this?

Trade the motor in for a skidoo?  O0

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2009, 05:15:14 pm »

Wimps!!!
I got up at drove out at 4.30 this morn to Manchester and back. Once I got on the A1 -A14- M6 all went well.
I don't know what all the fuss is about :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 06:06:18 pm »

Woke up an hour or so ago to find that the central heating was broken, little chinese man came round and fixed it for about the third time this year....

Blimey he's doing well, he delivered my post this morning. :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »

Why were our schools never shut when we were kids.

4 mile walk to school in knee high snow every year and the teachers did the same. Think it was called dedication or something.

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2009, 06:33:54 pm »

Dicky, After all those years without street lighting the snow was a bit of a godsend. But while wearing school uniform short trousers was not very pleasant. I recall it was also impossible to make snowballs while wearing woollen gloves. Red knees, frozen hands and wet feet. Followed by a wide necked bottle of frozen solid milk (the sort with a cardboard top and a hole to punch out to insert a straw).
But making hugely long "slides" made up for all that, and any injuries weren't felt until the body had warmed up.....and than everything just hurt a lot. But thats the way it was for everyone, so it was the "norm". Other things come to mind, like having to use an outside netty, shovelling half a ton of coal into the coalhouse from where it had been dumped in the back lane. Chimneys regularly going on fire and filling the house with god-awful stink. But it was the "norm", and so the same for everybody....at least it was in the coal mining areas of Durham during the 1940s.......not forgetting the gas lights and associated "mantles". The "playgrounds" that were the local council rubbish tips. And yet we survived, and even managed to pass the 11 plus to get into a Grammar School! That was life. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

Bradley

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2009, 07:08:07 pm »

Had to have a look at your profile Bryan, to see how old you are as you reminded me of so many things that I remember as 5 year old going to school from Hett Mill and a year or two later from Spennymoor, both in Co. Durham :-)).  Must admit though, you are a bit younger than me ;).

Derek.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 08:28:49 pm »

Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

cadman17_36

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 08:49:26 pm »

too funny Bill, {-)

Well it is just grey and cold here By Lake Erie.  :((

But, they are calling for snow this week maybe get a white X-mass O0

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 09:20:55 pm »

Dicky, After all those years without street lighting the snow was a bit of a godsend. But while wearing school uniform short trousers was not very pleasant. I recall it was also impossible to make snowballs while wearing woollen gloves. Red knees, frozen hands and wet feet. Followed by a wide necked bottle of frozen solid milk (the sort with a cardboard top and a hole to punch out to insert a straw).
But making hugely long "slides" made up for all that, and any injuries weren't felt until the body had warmed up.....and than everything just hurt a lot. But thats the way it was for everyone, so it was the "norm". Other things come to mind, like having to use an outside netty, shovelling half a ton of coal into the coalhouse from where it had been dumped in the back lane. Chimneys regularly going on fire and filling the house with god-awful stink. But it was the "norm", and so the same for everybody....at least it was in the coal mining areas of Durham during the 1940s.......not forgetting the gas lights and associated "mantles". The "playgrounds" that were the local council rubbish tips. And yet we survived, and even managed to pass the 11 plus to get into a Grammar School! That was life. BY.
I can remember the shorts, woollen gloves and frozen milk Bryan, but shovelling coal and gas lights. Just how old are you and Derek ?  {:-{

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 09:26:13 pm »

He hasn't mentioned being sent up the chimneys yet either....

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 09:29:20 pm »

Thought they were on fire Colin  {-)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 11:12:14 pm »

Not a hint of snow north of Blackpool!  >:-o

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 11:13:44 pm »

Thought they were on fire Colin  {-)
[/quote
Dicky, you and Colin should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because you live in the land of everlasting honey you forget about the poor mites with Rickets, and so were unable to squirm up the flues.
But on a more serious note, in those days TB, Scarlet Fever, Polio, Diptheria and a few other things decimated the kids. I was lucky. I still remember after all these years what it was like to lose some of my friends. No NHS when I was a little lad. This isn't a rant.....more of a reminder of what it was like during the mid 1940s for people who hadn't any money.
Perhaps it's an apposite time of the year to remember and possibly recall those days. Bryan Young.
Notes from a simple seaman

madrob

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:53 pm »

We got a light dusting in  south yorkshire and youngest school shut for the day {:-{

bigfella

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 11:47:21 pm »

SNOW?? Whats that??

andygh

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2009, 12:15:04 am »

SNOW?? Whats that??

A traditional outdoor Christmas decoration and a child's delight

bigfella

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2009, 12:27:21 am »

A traditional outdoor Christmas decoration and a child's delight

Ohh I remember now. I have not seen it in 40 years. I remember going out and playing in it in 1970 around the time I went to school in the dark and came home in the dark and had to wear shorts back in Fetcham before seeing the light of emigration. Now in Australia we do have snow but that is just used to intice the young to the ski slopes with an excuse to consume large amounts of booze. Sunny day max 28c possable storm to cool of the afternoon, I think I'll put the airconditioner on and emit some green house gasses to help warm you guys up. Just doing my part {-) {-) {-)

Regards David

ZZ56

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2009, 02:00:12 am »

Only about a foot here so far, but it's bitterly cold. 

Wasyl

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2009, 02:58:41 am »

It has certainly snowed in (West) Norfolk now.  This was taken at about 9am after I had done some shovelling -
methinks you,re needing a bigger shovel,...where,s a Bob a Job Scout when you need one... {-)better you than me,

Wullie

Wasyl

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 03:01:48 am »

Dog's been out in the snow, turned into a dalmation  ;)
I see the Governments introduced a Scrappage scheme for Gas Boilers,..£400 towards a new one,..get yer skates on Andy, {-)

Wullie

BarryM

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2009, 09:11:07 am »

SNOW?? Whats that??

It's that stuff that brings all south of the Humber to a halt, sends BBC London into reporting overdrive, brings the PM to declare a "National" emergency and causes mass skiving while the locals gaze at the sky in bemusement.

Everywhere else, folks note that it's winter time and get on with life.

Bah humbug!

Barry M  <*<

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 10:13:28 pm »

Well, it's been snowing here alright.... done my property the world of good... two car impacts within half an hour of each other and one of them drove off leaving the scene , completely oblivious as to whether they had killed or mained anyone! In fairness, she did come back 6 hours later and confess to it, but as I pointed out, behaving in such an irresponsible manner could possibly have found herself in the dock on a manslaughter charge.... we had a witness and a car reg number!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.