Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: It's SNOWING  (Read 51622 times)

Wasyl

Re: It's SNOWING
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2009, 10:21:19 pm »

So we can assume that your house sits in a precarious position,or is it more a case of people not reading the road conditions better,...but as you say, no one was injured,lucky for you,and yours,perhaps a big steel bollard or two anchored 6ft down in front of this area might help,

Wullie

Greggy1964

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2009, 10:25:59 pm »

Snowing here again and the flakes are like dinner plates {-) {-) {-)

Wasyl

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 10:28:37 pm »

Next you,ll be telling us they,ve got Yorkshire puds in place, {-)hope it comes up to me, my Tiger loves the snow,

Wullie

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2009, 10:33:31 pm »

Wassly, looking at the pics of the tank in the snow  you have inspired me to take out my Hen-long tiger tank out in the snow -or I might even try it out on our frozen boating lake in the morning -just popping out to the garage to charge the batteries right now ! >

Thanks for the inspiration :-)) Paul.

Wasyl

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2009, 10:49:43 pm »

Hi Paul good for you,..can i just point out,the Y goes in the middle,and lose one of the S,better still use Wullie it might be easier, {-)

Wullie

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2009, 10:41:19 am »

Hi Wasyl, yes you're right, we are adjacent to the road on a bend and on the outside of the curve at that.
We have sustained this kind of thing on a few occasions, most drive off leaving the mess. In this instance it was simply that they had driven off the cleared area and into the snow at the verge in an effort to make room for a passing vehicle. I did the self same thing last winter but as I had moderated my speed, the results were far less devastating and the damage easily rectifiable.

The reason I install these panels is because they are easily replaced but in this instance I am now considering a brick wall... a very substantial one. It may get damaged and be more difficult and expensive to repair, but at least there is a good chance the cars won't be in a fit state to drive away and I can get some compensation for my damage... provided they are insured of course.

Provided no-one gets injured and the damage is paid for, I will sleep soundly in my bed.
Take care out there, this kind of accident is commonplace.

Greggy1964

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2009, 10:54:14 am »

Living right on the east coast of the UK we don't get too much in the way of snow. In fact the last time it fell so heavily here was when my 17 y.o. daughter was 4!

I'm like a little kid in a sweet shop! O0 {-)

I took some more photos this morning of Rex & Simba enjoying the white stuff here http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq32/greggy1964/Snowdogs/?start=0

Some of my favorites

enjoy :-))

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2009, 11:18:00 am »

Beautiful. Two very handsome dogs Gregg.  :-))
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2009, 11:47:53 am »

We had another small splattering here last night in Sunny West London. I love the snow. %%

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2009, 03:09:48 pm »

Gregg, those are gorgeous dogs you have there, absolutely lovely. :-))

lifeboatpaul

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2009, 04:25:16 pm »

Hi Paul good for you,..can i just point out,the Y goes in the middle,and lose one of the S,better still use Wullie it might be easier, {-)

Wullie
[/quoteWullie as I said last night I ran the tank on our frozen boating lake in North London this morning- got your name right this time :embarrassed:, I think it was the spell checker that decided to change it to that, by the way what is that fine looking ship you have the picture of next to your username ? regs Paul]

Wasyl

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2009, 05:53:42 pm »

Hi Paul, The Teegers looking good,sometimes i wish i,d stayed with the smaller scale,as they are so easy to transport,
The ship in my profile is a Fleetscale 1/128 Scharnhorst,running all three props she also has a mixer fitted which when used on a turn gives better manoeuvrability

Wullie,

The long Build

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2009, 11:24:08 pm »

Rex and Simba , Nice Pictures.

Just got back from York , down to 10mph over the top of the M62 on the slow lane, snow plough in the middle lane and a car over takes him doing a lot more in an unclear 3rd lane  %% %% 

Greggy1964

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2009, 12:38:05 am »

Whats the chances of getting to Manchester Airport then?

My brother is flies in from Abu Dhab for Christmasi, he lands at 6:30 pm today! {:-{

Do I take my snow chains and a shovel? O0 {-)

Thank you for the comments on the doggies guys :-))

Wasyl

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2009, 01:12:52 am »

"Do I take my snow chains and a shovel?"

Follow Snow Plough in the middle lane, O0

Wullie

hopeitfloats

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2009, 08:01:14 am »

Whats the chances of getting to Manchester Airport then?

My brother is flies in from Abu Dhab for Christmasi, he lands at 6:30 pm today! {:-{

Do I take my snow chains and a shovel? O0 {-)

Thank you for the comments on the doggies guys :-))

thats going to be a shock to his system.... melting heat to snow in the same day.

Greggy1964

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2009, 11:58:49 am »

Ha! He's actually looking forward to it though he'll freeze his bits off for sure.

He's comming from sand as far as the eye can see to snow as far as the eye can see and from 26 in the shade to minus 2 O0 {-)

alan colson

• Full Mayhemer
  • I Just Dabble In Model Boats
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2009, 04:57:55 pm »

Reports on the radio this afternoon Gatwick Airport closed to de-ice the runway and more snow forecast with freezing conditions, should be fun on the roads at 6am tomorrow.
Alan

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2009, 06:34:14 pm »

Snowing !!!! Ba hum bug.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2009, 06:34:15 pm »

Reports on the radio this afternoon Gatwick Airport closed to de-ice the runway and more snow forecast with freezing conditions, should be fun on the roads at 6am tomorrow.
Alan
Here it comes agian in Stevenage.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

Wasyl

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2009, 07:19:54 pm »

3 of a kind,if at first you don,t succeed,try, try,then try again

Wullie

andyn

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:15 pm »

In Stevenage, they never bothered to grit after the second round of snow, so everything has turned to ice, we've just had the third lot and out come the gritting trucks, just as it started raining. The grit has all now washed down the hills into the new snow which has produced a nice brown sludge all over the roads. My dad went off to the dentists this afternoon (about a mile round trip) and on his way back he saw 7 crashes, slid sideways round roundabouts at 5mph and saw one car get stuck on top of a sleeping policeman...

omra85

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2009, 08:56:18 pm »

Bill, three pictures of the same snow doesn't make it 3 times as deep  %)

The Christmas tree looks a bit short on leaves (and branches) and you've only one decoration on it  %% {-) {-) {-)

Cheers
Danny

Hagar

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2009, 08:58:55 pm »

I dont think there are many places that dont have snow at the moment.
We had about a foot of it the other day. Took the 4x4 and went to work.
Father in law got a bit more, only 60 odd mile further south they got two to three feet of it. Lucky for him he had a few days off!
A shipbuilder freind in Jutland lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere. They were snowed in for two days. It took them that long to clear the 200m driveway. six foot drifts!

Looks like we might get a white christmas this year.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2009, 09:19:00 pm »

Bill, three pictures of the same snow doesn't make it 3 times as deep  %)

The Christmas tree looks a bit short on leaves (and branches) and you've only one decoration on it  %% {-) {-) {-)

Cheers
Danny

Hi Danny
OK so I made a cock up ! Its an age thing!!!
Anyone know how much snow is in the Marham (Norfolk) area?? Got ot try and get there in the morn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.