Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Irish Royal Mail Steamer Connaught build  (Read 10102 times)

gondolier88

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.coniston-regatta.co.uk
    • Coniston Regatta
Re: Irish Royal Mail Steamer Connaught build
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 08:59:50 am »

Even little Isambard Brunel is impressed!!!

This is beautiful, keep it up!

Greg
Don't get heated...get steamed up!

brocstar

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 11:24:08 am »

Thanks Greg
I'm glad you're enjoying it - I'm having a bit of fun myself! Paddle shaft now fitted and wheels temporarily installed.

All the best

Stuart

brocstar

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 08:13:17 pm »

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:24 pm •   Post subject: 

Hi All

Well I managed to get back into the workshop after a nearly 3 day break. A word of warning - NEVER leave your workshop for more than 8 hours if your short term memory is faulty! I couldn't find a thing on my return so had to TIDY (Euch!) and start again.
I managed to get the centre section deck planked with the waterways attached. The whole thing will lift off complete with funnels, paddle boxes and flying bridge deck, The reason for this is that there is so much in the way of rigging and stays in this area. If I don't make the whole thing removable then I will end up spending about an hour rigging each time I want to get inside the model.
I have mounted the engine room skylight on its base and put the funnel bases and funnels in position in preparation for building the centre deck assembly. I just slipped the paddle boxes into position to give me an idea of heights etc. I'm just a little disappointed with the joint in the deck. I was forced to place it where it is in full view, and unfortunately the planks appear to have been cut from 2 separate batches. There's only a few thou difference in their widths - but over that size deck it means that they don't all line up - ah well, measure Twice, cut Once as they say
More later.

All the best

Stuart

brocstar

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 10:19:22 pm »

Hi All

sorry about the lack of posts recently - I have been working on Connaught, but it got to the stage where nothing much SHOWED for the work put in!
Anyway the model is now virtually structurally complete - so the next stage is all of the rest of the fittings, furniture and rigging. Some pics to show the progress so far.

All the best

stuart

nathanbint

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2010, 07:50:43 pm »

can u get any bigger
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.