Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B24 lean  (Read 2564 times)

chris holley

B24 lean
« on: December 17, 2009, 10:23:40 pm »

Been back into running my fast electic last few months, been fun an just bought some new battires 3300-8cell from vapertech so thats 16cells in total not bad for a small boat. But when i put them in she leans to one side an pulls? but only with these batts? any ideas how to correct it, there in the middle side, eithere side off motor. the 2000 12cells run fine with no lean straight as a die any ideas thanks

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
Re: B24 lean
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:08:47 pm »

Sounds like torque roll and/or propwalk, which side does it lean to and which way does it pull?

chris holley

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 06:16:31 pm »

imagine the boat coming towards you it leans to the right an, no so much pulls but sweeps right soz got my pull an sweep wrong

andyn

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:08:55 pm »

Torque roll, needs a trim tab on the right hand side of the transom angled downwards :-))

chris holley

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 08:41:06 pm »

strange never needed it before run it nearly every week for the last 5-6 years only with the new 3300 batts

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 09:17:59 pm »

Torque roll caused by the extra power from the more cells by the sounds of it.You can prop down and go more pitch and that might help,another trick is to use weight at the cog on the oposite side to counter act it.Also shimming the strut a tad might help,but id try the smaller prop with more pitch.
Mart

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 10:27:52 am »

Can't argue with the 2 answers already given to deal with torque roll and propwalk which I believe is the problem.

However
imagine the boat coming towards you it leans to the right an, no so much pulls but sweeps right soz got my pull an sweep wrong

This description does not describe torque roll or propwalk. If the boat is coming towards me and sweeping to my right it is in effect going to port and the lean is to the port side. Propwalk makes the boat want to turn to starboard and torque roll pushes down the starboard side. This is a perfect example of why "Port" and "Starboard" are perfect to use when talking boats, you don't need to imagine anything and there is no confusion over what is meant....
Mind you even John Finch does it in his articles http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3918/is_200206/ai_n9114031/ so I guess I should just get used to it ;)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 11:34:53 am »

Ahaa yea you have a point Ian i missed that bit about it leaning right when coming towards him ,you are correct too in we should use port and starboard but try using that on some of the forums i doubt many know what they mean never mind which is left and right lol  {-).
Mart
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.605 seconds with 21 queries.