Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: British motor tramp RAMON DE LARRINAGA 1954 - 1976 32'=1"  (Read 2700 times)

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
British motor tramp RAMON DE LARRINAGA 1954 - 1976 32'=1"
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:00:11 pm »

Trying again.   Somehow, the first time I tried, the thread was duplicated, then it disappeared altogether!   

This morning, I made preparations to begin my latest miniature.   The RAMON DE LARRINAGA  will be a full-hull model about 14 inches long, mounted on two brass pedestals.    I expect the build will take between 30 and 40 days which will include the display case.     I prepared the plans at the correct scale and selected the timber (obeche).

Bob
Regards
Positive

Sven

• Full Mayhemer
Re: British motor tramp RAMON DE LARRINAGA 1954 - 1976 32'=1"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 01:12:31 pm »

Hi Bob,

sounds nice, hope you will show more of your project.

Sven

Positive

• Full Mayhemer
    • Miniature Merchant Ships
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:14:07 pm »

I really don't know what is happening to this thread.   It seems to have split in two and the other part disappeared!     I am sure I have posted more pictures than above, but can't find them!
Weather has slowed me down a lot as I have been at the stage where I need to work outside between torrential rain and freezing cold with fingers like "bunches of bananas!"
Anyway, I have assembled the display case and inner base, so I can now work inside for a while now until I come to hull shaping.      Am prevented from showing you update pictures because it seems to get pitch dark after about 1500 each day!    Anyway, from now on, although we haven't yet reached the shortest day, the sunset time is now getting a little later each day, though only by a couple of minutes at this time of December.
Hope to update soon.
Bob
Regards
Positive

dougal99

• Full Mayhemer
  • Huntingdon, Cambs, England
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:51 pm »

Bob

Your other pictures are here

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=21184.0

There are 2 subsections called 'working vessels' this one and one under 'Dry Dock' which is probably more appropriate for your build.

HTH

Doug
Don't Assume Check
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 22 queries.