Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OUR LASS II BUILD - MODEL SLIPWAY  (Read 70946 times)

manx venture

Re: OUR LASS II BUILD - MODEL SLIPWAY
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2010, 09:23:13 pm »

hi again
i have the model finished now, have the motor and coupling from model slipway and the rc gear, just wondering what speed controllers best? the motor is a 900 12volt

manx venture

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2010, 07:34:17 pm »

few pics of mine finished, got the trawl doors and a scale net that works, (see pic of my other model st.amant) to fit and a few finishing touches and shes ready for the water, fitted an extra hatch forrad of the origanl for more accsess

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2010, 08:06:06 pm »

She's looking good, very nice. You realise you're shaming me into getting mine finished.  :embarrassed:  I keep doing a bit here and there but something else always seems to crop up! Keep the pics coming, Dave.  :-)) :-))

manx venture

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »

once i got stuck in for a few days it flew together, painting it took longer but result well worth it, the extra hatch makes things so much easyer and nothing is botherd where it is, nothing had to be moved, had it in the bath, plenty of power in it, had 2 2pint milk cartons and two 1.5 litre bottles full of water for ballast but she still needs more!!

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2010, 07:23:16 am »

Will have to get mine finished, she's pretty much there. Only big jobs left to do are the stanchions/railings all round, fore mast, painting her and wiring up all the lights....Hopefully be done for the new year! Dave.  :-))

manx venture

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2011, 03:46:40 pm »

weres the best place online to get a 12volt battery fot the our lass? mines ready 4 the water but havnt got a decent battery

fatcat123

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »

I use these lot - http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/defaultuk.asp

They have all shapes and sizes.

Dan

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2011, 04:38:56 pm »

Try Maplins too, bit more expensive than online but you'll save on postage and will be sure you've got right one, Dave. :)

ACTion

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2011, 05:47:14 pm »

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

manx venture

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2011, 08:10:54 pm »

ok will check those out, thanks for that! she may see the water at last

long bill

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2011, 02:05:51 am »

How are the builds going?

I still have not started mine yet.

I need to finish my Liberty Ship first.

Later,

Long Bill

:-)

manx venture

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2011, 06:43:00 pm »

got a battery of ebay and had her in the water, very impressed with it, steers well, even without a thruster, even when towing a net. had her rolling about in the current of the river and is very stable aswell
 few pics of 1st voyage!

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2011, 11:06:48 am »

Time to restart my build I think after 12 months on other projects, Dave. :-)

pugwash

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2011, 11:51:23 am »

It looks really good in the water Manx, did you catch anything?

Geoff

manx venture

« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:48 pm »

yeah, we had it in the river that flows into our harbour so lots of shrimp and small fish to catch! net is a scaled down version of the real nets we use on our own fishing boat

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »

Hi there all, I've been doing some more to mine in between other things and she's finally getting close to being completed. Some of you may notice the radar is on the 'wrong' level of the mast. I moved it down as I wanted it to rotate and if built as in the plans the motor shaft would have to cut through the vac-forming below it and that would look awful so I swapped them round, call it artistic licence! I've also modified the trawl boards so they look more like the ones in the photos on Model Slipways photos of the real boat. I've strengthened and/or replaced some parts as I want to sail her regularly and want to try and reduce the risk of damaging her in transit etc. Still got some small jobs and assemblies to build but she's more or less done The biggest job remaining is the stanchions and railings, but all the slots are cut out and they've all been cleaned up and are ready to be fitted. More to come soon hopefully, Dave.  :-))

manx venture

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »

ive cut an extra hatch in mine, between liferafts and forrad mast, makes getting battrey in and out and ballast so much easier, well worth doing

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2011, 06:31:21 pm »

More work done yesterday and today. Fitted the handrails and stanchions and done some more of the smaller fittings. Still debating whether cut another hatch on the deck for better access...hmmm. Just need some good weather so I can get spraying, could be a long wait, Dave.  ;)

Spook

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 01:08:51 pm »

I would love to do this build. It looks very impressive and the photos are great - nice work guys! Sadly I don't have the space to store anything that large.  Even my MS Trent has to live on my work table, when the table's not in use. Guess I'll have to look for something smaller (narrower).

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 08:27:53 pm »

Thanks for the compliments. I must admit I'm struggling for space to build these days but I get there in the end. Really going to struggle with the 1/12 Severn Class! Our Lass isn't much bigger than the Trent, just more of a lump! I'd highly recommend it as a kit, how about Model Slipways Maggie M? She's a bit smaller and not quite as tall I think. Just want to get her all painted now, more pictures to follow but working the next few days so won't be doing much until next week, Dave.  :-))

fatcat123

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »

Its looking very good Dave.

Please do make a very in depth thread about the Severn, i intend to build one some day.

Dan

Spook

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2011, 03:51:55 pm »

Maggie M looks nice. I have to fit any future models on a 240mm window sill and Maggie M is 255 mm - Oh well, it won't be the first hangover I've had  :}

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2011, 07:08:59 pm »

Its looking very good Dave.

Please do make a very in depth thread about the Severn, i intend to build one some day.

Dan

Thanks for that. I will be doing a build thread on the Severn once I get started. Got a few other jobs to do and finish off first, she'll be based on Holyhead's  17-41 Christopher Pearce. That's the boat I'm standing by in my profile picture, had a good look round it earlier this year and have loads of photos of it. Cheers, Dave.  :-))

john44

« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:29 pm »

Our Lass is looking good Dave :-))

john
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.