Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris-Craft Triple, Edna Pauline  (Read 3498 times)

JBourque

Chris-Craft Triple, Edna Pauline
« on: December 27, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »

Howdy Folks, I’m new to your forum, I found it last week and registered a couple of days ago. I am however registered to another forum RCGroups.com.  I’m interested in the classic wood hull pleasure boats. I have built many airplanes only a couple of R/C’s and a long time ago I made a Pay-n-Pac nitro powered hydroplane.
My current project is a Dumas Triple cockpit barrel back. I started this a few years ago, all kinds of stuff keeps getting in the way of the completion of my boat. I’m a bit farther along on her than my first pictures will show but I thought I’d post a few at a time to make sure they are the right size and not just have a huge lot to look at all at once. I’ve looked at a few of your threads and was surprised that I can’t see a lot of the photo’s, just an X shows up maybe they were deleted I don’t know.  I look forward to your comments and suggestions on my build and will try to get more done on her in the coming months. I’m on the last leg of the build the fittings and such and anyone who has done one of these builds (a Dumas kit) knows the fittings that come with the kit suck, so I’m going to try to make my own (lots of time and work) hope you like.
Joe  
 :-)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Re: Chris-Craft Triple, Edna Pauline
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:15:22 pm »

Welcome aboard the good ship Mayhem Joe!   :-))

Nice boat, what running gear / motor setup are you thinking of using?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

SteamboatPhil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 10:25:20 pm »

Nice bit of woodwork there, keep up the fine work

And of course welcome   :-))

(Martin maybe able to tell you why you can't see certain pictures)
Steamed up all the time

JBourque

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:49:05 am »

Thanks guy’s as I noted before I’m farther along than those pic’s show. Here is some more of her with the mahogany planking done.
Martin,  I’m using the stock running gear that came with the kit, my motor is I believe a stock 550 can motor out of a large cheap car that a friend had that he bought from Wall-mart and he tore it apart and just gave it to me. The tests I did on it show it is 1100 KV . I hope it will push her if not I’ll look into another one. No esc or batts yet it’ll be a while
Joe 

JBourque

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 07:15:13 pm »

Here she is all stained up

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 07:28:38 pm »

Beautiful job, excellent woodwork, keep the photos coming.  :-))

I believe the photos you cant see were wiped out when Martin changed the maximum size of posting from 256KB to 161KB.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

JBourque

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 03:56:20 pm »

Thanks again guy’s, when it came to the finish economic times hit me hard and I could not afford to get the resin and cloth but I wanted to continue on her, so I started with a spray polycrylic 3 coats and then went to a spray clear enamel about 6 coats sanding in between. After that it is the red on the bottom, wet sanded and then 2 to 3 coats of catalyzed clear automotive paint.
How about some more pic’s   ;)
Joe

JBourque

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 10:13:53 pm »

Hey guy's I just noticed I misspelled Chris-Craft on my subject title can you help me fix that I feel sooooooooo stupid'
Joe {:-{

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:01:42 am »

:-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

JBourque

Re: Chris-Craft Triple, Edna Pauline
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 05:08:19 pm »

Thanks Martin for fixing that %% I feel so dumb. Next I put some red on the bottom, but I still have to coat the whole boat with some more clear.
Joe

steamboatbob

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 11:08:12 pm »

Nice work mate  :-))

I Love the veneering on ya deck

JBourque

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 03:02:58 am »

Thanks very much for the comment Steamboatbob, It's a lot of hand fitting every single piece but it is worth it when your done. O0 I still have to do the last coats of clear but it's cold out and I'm trying to line up an indoor spot to spray it. So I moved on to the dash board, the kit comes with a decal for the gages so lame, so I figured to upgrade, the bezels are turned and polished on a lathe out of stainless steel and the back plates are a black plastic which were groved and then turned alsoit's nice to have a brother with a machine shop. The gages I drew myself on generic cad and mounted on to the back plates and the ring is press fit onto the plate. the little bars are also stainless steel set into a grove cut into the panel. It'll be a while before I get any more done next the steering wheel.
Joe

JBourque

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 07:57:57 pm »

Hey people, Been a while since I've posted figured out a way to make my cutwater. I made a mold and a casting of my bow and out of that I made a jig to hold my brass pieces to solder them together. This is what it looks like.

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.