Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: SAR Boat Adolph Bermpohl  (Read 12366 times)

awvs

SAR Boat Adolph Bermpohl
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:38:39 pm »

I hope all of you did have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the new toys you got off Santa.
I am working for a while on my vintage Graupner model Adolph Bermpohl. As usual, these older Graupner kits didn't come with many fittings, so I had to wait for some goodies until Christmas. Anyway, I want to share some of the progress with you. The port and starboard motors are connected to a self made dual ESC with integrated mixer, the centre motor has a separate ESC. The small coupling on the centre motor will be replaced with a stronger one.The starboard servo will be connected to a pushrod in order to open/close the stern gate.

Regards
Wilhelm

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: SAR Boat Adolph Bermpohl
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:09:11 pm »

Your usual neat job Wilhelm.

Happy new year to you and yours.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

dash8man

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:13:14 pm »

Looks great so far Wilhelm. Did you ever find the daughter boat "Vegesack" to go with the Bermpohl? Cheers.

Bill.

awvs

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 07:38:54 pm »

Thanks Richard and Bill for your nice comments.

I did find a "Vegesack" on eBay just before Christmas. A relative auctioned it for me. All the ABS parts seem to be in good condition, except for a few missing fittings which shouldn't be a big problem to replace.

Thanks again and a Happy New Year .
Wilhelm

awvs

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 10:03:38 pm »

Hi,
I just want to continue with the report on the Adolph Bermpohl. I couldn't do to much on the hull because I am still waiting for parts. The superstructure is progressing nicely, but spray painting (in the cold) is a different story. After experiencing problems with paint made by Krylon I switched to Testor's. Anyway , I took some pictures and I hope you enjoy them.

Regards
Wilhelm

dash8man

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 10:12:03 pm »

Real nice Wilhelm! I'm just about to start the Graupner Bernhard Gruben SAR Ship. Should keep me out of trouble. As you said, it's too cold to paint right now. I've got a completed Graupner Tito Neri waiting for my "garage" paint shop to open. Can't add any more Fittings until she's painted. Cheers.

Bill.

awvs

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 10:35:45 pm »

Hi Bill,
thanks for the comment and I wish you good luck with the Berhard Gruben, a very very nice model. Did the Gruben come with all the fittings?  I hope you will post pictures of her and the Tito Neri.
Best
Wilhelm

awvs

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 11:28:44 pm »

Hi Bill,
thanks for adding the pictures of the Tito Neri. She is looking great. Did you equip her with the Schottel-Drives? The Graupner models seem to be well engineered and the plans and instructions are excellent.

Best
Wilhelm

Wasyl

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 12:51:14 am »

Hi Willi,methinks you,ve go magic fingers,...i wish i had patience,

Wullie

dash8man

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 04:42:57 am »

Wilhelm, the Gruben comes complete with fittings which is nice for a change! I've got the Schottel Drives for my Tito and have test fitted them. Man this is a big tug. I love your BERMPOHL. Should run great. Terirific paint job. Did you paint outside in these cold temperatures? Cheers.

Bill.

awvs

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 01:09:43 pm »

Hi Bill,
no, I did paint in the furnace room, using a big box with a plastic curtain in front of it. This works only for small parts and you have to use a lot of paper and tape to prevent overspray.
Before Christmas, Great Hobbies offered a Tito Neri with a big discount and I was really tempted to buy it, but because of the high cost of the Schottel drives I decided against it. You are right, this is a big tug and you better start with weight lifting exercises.  ;) ;) A while ago I did built the Amsterdam and she is a back breaker too O0.

Regards
Wilhelm

hama

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 02:05:17 pm »

Amazing paintjob!  :o
Hama

Wasyl

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:47:10 pm »

Hi Willi,
Its maybe just as well,you are where you are,..had you been closer,i could envisage some of us beating a path to your Door,with our un-painted boats in tow,...me being at the front! {-)...my dad always said...If you are going to do something,do it right,...if you feel you can,t do it right ..don,t do it....this model is proof of your many talents,...Tell me are you any good at painting Doors & skirting boards,... {-)..if you ever come to Scotland,I can offer you free accommodation ...just remember to bring your working clothes {-)..

awvs

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 02:50:39 pm »

Hi Wullie,
......and I don't even like painting, especially doors and/or skirting boards  <*<, but I like the invitation to Scotland. :} :} :-))

Best
Willi

Wasyl

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 10:21:00 pm »

Hi Wullie,
......and I don't even like painting, especially doors and/or skirting boards  <*<, but I like the invitation to Scotland. :} :} :-))

Best
Willi
Avril is on holiday for two weeks,and she,s bought me a pack of paint brushes & a pot of paint,and its not for boat painting,...therefore you won,t need your work clothes, <:( <:(

Wullie

awvs

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 05:59:24 pm »

Hi all,
the superstructure is almost done, only a few more fittings to add. :} The radar is working via a broken mini servo which will be connected to about 2V. The lights are a combination of 3V bulbs and LED's.  I hope you enjoy the pictures. Till the next time.

Regards
Wilhelm

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 07:10:05 pm »

Really excellent Wilhelm.  :-))

awvs

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 10:08:08 pm »

Hi Richard,
thanks for your nice comment.

Best
Wilhelm

ggeorge

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 03:47:36 am »

Hi Wilhelm,
 Kooking great as usual, Hope to see it in the water this spring at my spring fun run if you can get over. All the best to you and the family in this new year.

G. George

awvs

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52:50 pm »

Thanks Gerry for the compliment,
I hope to see you for the spring fun run.

All the Best to you and yours
Wilhelm

awvs

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 02:31:17 am »

Hi all,
I finally finished painting the hull of the Bermpohl. There is still work to do on the deck. The railings will be next and then I have to make a decision about the layout of the mechanism for the daughter boat. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Best
Wilhelm

awvs

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 05:58:13 pm »

Hi All,
today we having beautiful sunshine and 20 C. So, I did send my SAR Boat on here maiden voyage despite she isn't done yet. I hope you enjoy the pics.
Regards
Wilhelm

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 06:48:52 pm »

I hate you Wilhelm, it looks magnificent as all yours do.

Still waiting for you to make me feel better by turning out a rough one.

Thanks for the Easter chicken. ok2

awvs

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:00 pm »

Hi Richard,
I did build a SAR's boat 47 years ago and it turned out pretty rough if that makes you feel better ok2 ok2. I follow your build logs with a lot of interest and admiration.
By the way, thanks also for the "Katrina" pics, they are great.

Happy Easter
Wilhelm

awvs

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 01:57:33 pm »

Hello,
my SAR's Boat is finished now and I just want to post a few pictures of her during the "spring-run."

Regards
Wilhelm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.