Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Citroen Picasso electrics.  (Read 7849 times)

tobyker

• Full Mayhemer
Citroen Picasso electrics.
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:30:30 pm »

I'm trying to reset the computer on my Picasso (54 plate) to see if the Engine Fault light will go out. I'm doing what it says on the Picasso forum to disconnect the battery, but when I reconnect the battery (through the passenger window) and turn the lights on (through the driver's window) it doesn't go "bong" like the instructions say it should. And though I'm registered I can't post on the Pic forum. Anyone done this successfully?

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Citroen Picasso electrics.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:35:33 pm »

but when I reconnect the battery (through the passenger window) and turn the lights on (through the driver's window) it doesn't go "bong"

Sorry I cannot help you, but you've made my day.      :}

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

andyn

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:45:55 pm »

Take the leads off and short them together  O0 (no contact to battery)

Wasyl

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:22:23 pm »

Bong! now becomes Bang! {-)

Wullie

Patrick Henry

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:07:40 pm »

Been there and done this...I had three brand new Picasso's, never again.

The first one had two new computers, a new dashboard, many new black boxes and new brake pads on the front.
The second one had a new dashboard, a new gearbox and a new stereo.
The  third one had all the front suspension replaced, new front tyres...and a new dashboard.

As far as I know, to reset the onboard computer it has to be connected to the dealers diagnostic system as the ems and the cpu have to be reset as well, otherwise one will be fighting the other, and the whole system has to be reregistered with the main computer in Citroen's factory.

Good luck...I think you'll be needing it. 

Wasyl

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:18:25 pm »

You,re all Doom & Gloom,the guys needing Positives not Negs, {-) stick with it you never know,your Bong might become a Bang or even a Boom,...oops these negative waves keep coming to the fore,still it could be worse,you could own a Scenic,like me,...then you,d really have probs,my engine management lights been on for 5 months,..Renault want £90 to make it go away,me i,ll just live with it,....and i have,nt had any Bongs,Bangs Booms, {-)

Wullie

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 03:24:06 pm »

Citroen Picasso eh? 

half pint of unleaded and a match should sort it.....

omra85

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 04:34:55 pm »

Either a piece of black insulation tape over the light, or remove the bulb!
My (05) Picasso ran for nearly a year like that until the next service/mot.
I took the tape off, and when I collected it, the light was out!!
They didn't say what they had done, didn't appear on the bill, so I didn't ask ok2
Have now swapped it for a Kia Sorento - different world - and great for the snow  :-))

Cheers
Danny

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »

You,re all Doom & Gloom,the guys needing Positives not Negs, {-) stick with it you never know,your Bong might become a Bang or even a Boom,...oops these negative waves keep coming to the fore,still it could be worse,you could own a Scenic,like me,...then you,d really have probs,my engine management lights been on for 5 months,..Renault want £90 to make it go away,me i,ll just live with it,....and i have,nt had any Bongs,Bangs Booms, {-)

Wullie

Do you have the one where the headlight bulbs are replaced through the wheelarch, or do you have to take the whole front bumper off?
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Wasyl

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 06:58:04 pm »

Headlight...????  Wheel arch??????...think dashboard,....remind me not to ask you to go for a Half Loaf?....... {-).....God knows what you,d bring back, {-) {-) {-)

Wullie

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 11:41:23 pm »

Put the ruddy thing in the backyard and shoot it.. put it out of it's misery, either that or take Grsshoppers advice. Thats about the best advice I can give regarding French cars {-)
Sorry, I'm not a lot of help but having owned one french car and managing to rip the engine off it's mountings by trying to push start it.... well,never again. Worst engine I had ever encountered, really unfriendly piece of junk.
Maybe they're better now and I'm just old fashioned but I do believe a Leopard never changes it's spots .
Good luck Mon Amis!

kenthompson

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28:06 pm »

Hi Tobyker.
 I had the same light come up on a couple of occasions after filling the tank to much.
 The car started to act very sluggish with not much go in it, poor acceleration. It gave me the creeps thinking that some think was drastic , I tried doing all that you have done and more (taking out fuses ) which I thought were the correct ones ,but too no avail . after a while the light went out,( after about 200 miles if I recall ).
  Apparently if you fill the tank too much it looses the vacuum.(so my son say`s) then the response returns when the fuel level drops back, but the light stays on, for a while longer.
This has happend when the tank reaches the glug-glug level(stop )level of the tank, then I tried to put in that little bit more (to the nearest 50p).
Hope this is of use to you, and can you follow what i have put???? hope its not too much double Dutch.

all the best
Ken.

Bradley

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 05:44:16 pm »

Have now swapped it for a Kia Sorento - different world - and great for the snow 

Cheers
Danny

Got to agree with you, Danny.  I have an 06 Kia Sportage 2.0 diesel and, apart from being a bit underpowered when towing my caravan, I am perfectly happy with it.

I once owned an 04 Citroen C5 diesel automatic estate and when trying to accelerate after slowing down it had a dangerous hesitation which, to say the least, was a little worrying when going into roundabouts, etc.  Citroen would not accept that it had a problem and I had a solicitor who was worse than useless.  At the end of the day I just had to get rid of it and lost thousands on the deal.  I would never consider another Citroen. >:-o >:-o >:-o

Derek.

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 07:07:58 pm »

I  have a diesel C4 with the electronic gearbox. This is the hatchback version of the Picasso and I have to say that apart from a BMW I once briefly owned, this is the best car ever. I've had it for about 30 months from new and no problems at all.

Barrie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.