Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Master Criminals at work..  (Read 2424 times)

The long Build

Master Criminals at work..
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:58:54 pm »

Snowy footprints lead to suspects
1:40pm Wednesday 6th January 2010

© Press Association 2009 »

A trail of footprints in the snow has lead police officers to suspected car thieves.

Officers in south Gloucestershire were called to reports of cars being broken into in the Braemar Avenue area of Filton as the snow began to fall just after midnight on Wednesday.

A member of the public reported seeing youths tampering with cars.

The two officers followed footprints and bicycle tracks in the snow, which led them to two teenage boys and a stash of suspected stolen goods.

Officers found a laptop computer, satellite navigation system and a mobile phone in a garden.

Two boys, aged 13 and 15, were arrested and they remain in police custody.

:police: :police:

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/national/4836491.Snowy_footprints_lead_to_suspects/

Bradley

Re: Master Criminals at work..
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:55:04 pm »

I wouldn't wait too long for them to get their just desserts - they'll get a gentle ticking off from a 'senior' officer and will then be back out on the streets to continue their criminal activity. >:-o >:-o >:-o :(( :((

Derek.    :police:

barryfoote

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:24:26 pm »

This reminds me of a similar incident. Many years ago as a young beat Constable, I went to the scene of a burglary at a house. This was about 3am and the offender had cut himself quite badly on the window whilst getting in. Myself and a colleague started to follow a trail of blood, reflected in the street lighting. We were not very confident but about an hour later, having lost and re found the trail several times, our efforts ended, with blood on the front letter box of a house 3/4 of a mile away. After declaring who we were, entry was gained and the burglar was found hiding under a bed. He received 15 stitches to his right hand and 6 months in HMP for his troubles....

Great days........long gone!! :(( :((

RickF

• Full Mayhemer
  • Black, white and buff - not grey!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 12:28:03 am »

Today he would receive counselling and probably sue the home owner for the injury he suffered -  and almost certainly win!

Rick

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:48:46 am »

I guess his lawyers could legitimately argue that he had come from a 'broken home'.... {-)

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:57:26 pm »

As an aside

I have recently been watching 'Life on Mars'
and
'Ashes to Ashes'
on DVD.

I know that the reality of policing was very different in the 1970s and 1980s, respectivley, but it makes you feel warm and nostalgic anyhows.

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

barryfoote

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 04:41:21 pm »

As an aside

I have recently been watching 'Life on Mars'
and
'Ashes to Ashes'
on DVD.

I know that the reality of policing was very different in the 1970s and 1980s, respectivley, but it makes you feel warm and nostalgic anyhows.

So very true tiger... :-)) :-))

kiteman1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Proud to be a part of the Model Boat Mayhem Forum.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 07:24:24 pm »

When I was a kid growing up in the late foties/ early fifties there was a gang of lads who always got into trouble for various misdemeanours and whose parents were generally over-regular pub goers, or didn't work, about half a mile away.  Some relied on theft and fencing for a living.  At the same time there was a copper whose beat ended on the corner of our street right opposite our house.  Many a time he would see my brother and me creeping off in the 'wrong' direction and tell us to go the other way.  That man deserves credit for keeping us out of borstal.  We used to get a clip round the ears from him for being cheeky and sometimes for no reason other than to let us know he was in charge.  Our end of his patch was never burgled while he was on patrol.  

Later there were police houses in our street and around the district, the idea being to have a presence in every area of the suburb, which were sold off in the sixties.  Guess what.........cops away, crooks will play!  I only regret that I can't recall the name of that man so that I can go and thank him for caring about us.

barryfoote

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 09:13:42 pm »

If more people thought like you Kiteman, the country would be in a far better state than it is......Thank you11 :-)) :-))

sheerline

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:38:56 am »

Hi Footski, I think most of us do but it would appear the powers which control us as a nation have different ideas, much to our detriment. The human rights act has a lot to do with it and coupled with eu legislation and a penny pinching  gutless government, I don't see any signs of improvement for the future.
 We as kids experienced much the same thing back in the fifties and had a healthy respect for the local police. We kept ournoses clean because we were brought up with decent values by parents who cared and taught us respect. Sadly,and as you are well aware, that has mostly gone now so all all, I don't know where we're all going but it does appear to be down instead of up.
Chris

barryfoote

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »

Unfortunately, I think you are right Chris!! :(( :(( :(( :(( :((
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 22 queries.