Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GB tax turnover...  (Read 1907 times)

polaris

• Shipmate
GB tax turnover...
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:43:36 pm »

Dear All,

You might like to know that the daily Inland Revenue/Treasury 'take' from us (or whichever and whatever they like to call themselves), is apx. £460 million (+ a few million or so). Not a bad amount... and little wonder they can build substantial reserves. Pity the NHS doesn't see a bit more of it!!! >>:-(

Regards, Bernard

polaris

• Shipmate
Re: GB tax turnover...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:45:25 pm »

Good 'score' for the first view... 28 seconds!!! :}

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:50:39 pm »

Dear All,

You might like to know that the daily Inland Revenue/Treasury 'take' from us (or whichever and whatever they like to call themselves), is apx. £460 million (+ a few million or so).

I strongly suspect that it's a lot more when invisibles and indirect taxation is added. If you want, I can talk to my brother-in-law, an HMRC AS who works on the Treasury Model. However, last time I raised this issue with him at a family do over Christmas, all he would say was "We're stuffed... completely **cked...."....

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:19:07 pm »

Dear Dodgygeezer,

Well, I don't think the Rev. is doing too badly as the figure I quoted is 'now'. Begs' the question of what were they 'taking' from us when 'times were good' one wonders! O0

Cut the 'cloth as is fits', and if the Treasury can't manage the 'books', then let's get a new Govt. in that can handle the situation properly, because this present bunch certainly can't!!!

Per Mayhem unwritten rules - & quite correctly - Politics and Religion are not really permitted, so I think we should possibly not go down the route of Politics on this one. Ok, I started it, but I only Posted this as a bit of gnrl. info..

Regards, Bernard

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:09:09 pm »

Per Mayhem unwritten rules - & quite correctly - Politics and Religion are not really permitted, so I think we should possibly not go down the route of Politics on this one.

The Civil Service, when I was 'associated with it' was not politics. I don't think it really makes any difference who's name is on the rent book for No 10. Leave that to people who think it makes a difference. We're stuffed either way.... 

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 10:04:25 am »

Dear Dodgygeezer,

Me thinks you're right! I wish MP's were voted in for what they do for their consituency rather than for Party leanings. Our MP is first class (Liberal), works very hard, does a very great deal for the whole area, and had nothing to do with the recent expenses scandal. He lives nearby and I have come to know him well: he get's my vote at the next election simply because he get's things done and has made a significant positive impact on the County and region.

It would be nice to think that if Politics were taken out of Govt., that Govt. would be far better... instead of most MP's thinking about Party matters 70% of the time they could all concentrate on running the Country instead! Wishful thinking I suppose! {-)

Regards, Bernard
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.