Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Plug  (Read 2896 times)

The Doc

Best Plug
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:20:50 am »

Hi Guys

I am running a RCMK S254 whats the best spark plug to use? i am using a cmr7h at the mo.

I am having a little trouble starting the engine when it runs its very good got the mixture about right (had it in all possions tho) if it stalls when hot the bitch wont start i have to wait till its cool then heat the spark plug up to get it to fire then it runs perfect till it stalls any ideas ?

Oh yes Happy New Year to you All

Alan in a very chilly Spain.

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
Re: Best Plug
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 04:34:04 pm »

Hi Alan
I also run an RCMK engine. I don't think it is the plug that is given you your problems. I use a CM7 & 5 plug. I have also used an Iridium type plug. This made the engine run a few more revs.  I Think you need to check the source coil gap. Have a look and see if you have any rubbing marks on the flywheel.
I kept on blowing coils on mine. During a recent strip down i took 1.5mm off the flywheel & so far I have no probs from cutting out or coils given up. Take a Look Mate.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

The Doc

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:05:17 am »

Thanks for that Bill is there a recommend air gap from flywheel to source coil?

Alan

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 04:17:31 pm »

Thanks for that Bill is there a recommend air gap from flywheel to source coil?

Alan
Hi Alan
There properly is but I have just set mine up so there is about 1.5mm gap. This seems to working for me so far. I have seen 1 or 2  RCMK engines which have coil failers due to to much voltage / current being generated and the coils get to hot and blow.
As long as you don't take to much off and you can adjust the source coil up and down to get the gap you should be OK.
I have to say I don't have use of a lathe so I put a bolt and 2 centering cones on mine and spoon it in the drill. It worked OK but it work be much better if it was cut down in a proper lathe.
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

The Doc

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 09:25:49 am »

Hi Bill

Thanks for the info i will have a go today although i did put a new plug in last week (Bosch) and it started without a problem last sunday have look at the video :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIy9VTBzy2E

Thanks again
Alan

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 07:10:22 pm »

I want weather like that and water that flat <:(

gwa84

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 12:18:50 am »

nice boat sound good you going to tune it  :-))

zenman63

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 06:05:08 pm »

Hi Guys

I am running a RCMK S254 whats the best spark plug to use? i am using a cmr7h at the mo.

I am having a little trouble starting the engine when it runs its very good got the mixture about right (had it in all possions tho) if it stalls when hot the bitch wont start i have to wait till its cool then heat the spark plug up to get it to fire then it runs perfect till it stalls any ideas ?

Oh yes Happy New Year to you All

Alan in a very chilly Spain.

Open the Low screw on the carb 1/4 turn  ok2

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.