Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mobile model marine tugs  (Read 5130 times)

chris holley

mobile model marine tugs
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:20:29 pm »

AGAIN best place to start if any . Me an my causion, are going to get too tugs one each me eldergarth an him portgarth? There both coming from mobile marine models, an our questions are, What are they like to build, an the best place to start. We have boats two B24s, smit nederland an shamrock. build experice is not fantastic but we get buy with help.

Has anyone built these models or knowledge off MMMs work, we wont be getting them yet but the next 3/4 months. the kits look great, should we buy all in one or as we go along.

thanks very much

barryfoote

Re: mobile model marine tugs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »

MMM produce superb quality hulls, plans and fittings to give you a choice of full kit or semi scratch built. I built their lady t from a hull and plans and was amazed at how good the gear it. Oh and if you need help, Brian at MMM is a very helpful chap.

Barry

Deep Diver

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 03:04:54 pm »

I go with the above, :-))

ajb68

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:32:45 pm »

Cant say much mor than others really . i built a portgarth and it was a challenge in places but all in all a great build and Brian is always happy to help and advise as you may need  :-)) :-)) :-))

Andy

chris holley

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 05:03:20 pm »

well there is my summer project sorted, girlfriend wants a holiday she can go i will build when shes gone  :-) :-))

Baz

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 04:54:36 pm »

Have just finished the Rowangarth which is the sister to Eldergarth same hull and fittings just a few superstructure changes. I got the template pack which was a great help as this was my first boat build. All went together well the fittings are much the same as other manufacturers just need a clean up. I started on the hull first. If I can give you any help when you get the kit just send me a PM and I will do my best also have photos of the build.

Good Luck

chris holley

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 05:09:31 pm »

cool, that would be great thanks :-)) :-))

Sam H

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 11:21:33 pm »

AS ABOVE MM Models are the best as 1 call and all is sorted any question answered  :-)) I have the Eldergarth with a few small touches of my own i all so have pics of build if any help. Sam

sentry

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 12:34:18 am »

I to am building my first boat and its from MMM   the CANNING   great model from a great firm  I often call in as there not to far away both Brian and Ann could,nt be more helpful Ann  by the way Ann makes a great cup of tea  and Brian is always willing to help and never more then a phone call away.
                                               Regards, Sentry.

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 08:22:21 am »

I Have finsihed repainting my Eldergarth, good quality kits and a good size to.

Russ

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 09:28:19 am »

i agree with the above very good hulls strong too i have built the portgarth,norton cross,the afon alaw and am in the process of building another 2 portgarths and a nangee all of which i have fitted out with there steerable Kort's they are just great. thanks Brian and Ann i have had lots of success tugtowing with your stuff

happy tugger Steve

chris holley

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 10:22:48 am »

wow lots off good feedback then, sam i may take you up on your offer with pics as it would be a great help cheers

Sam H

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:23:02 pm »

No prob glad to help will email some over when ever you ready
Your be very happy being the owner of 1 of these tugs %% :}
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.